Should I book specialty dining ahead of cruise?

britchicknyc

Hello,

We are on the Summit later this month, and our wedding anniversary lands on the sailings only formal night. We had always mentally planned to go to a specialty restaurant that night but my husband doesn't really want to do formal attire - so I assume I am best off booking this ahead of time through the Celebrity website? Do the specialty restaurants typically fill up on a formal night?

While they don't necessarily fill up on formal night, if it is a special occasion, I would book prior to the cruise. That way you will have the reservation and if they are offering a discount you would be able to get a refund in the form of a ship credit.

Mary Lou

I would book in advance as there have been many cruises where they do fill up on some nights, especially on 7 night or shorter cruises which I'm guessing is the Summit's itinerary. There is certainly no harm in booking ahead.

If for some reason your preferred time isn't available in advance then make the reservation as close to that time as possible and stop by the restaurant once on board to see if you can get the time adjusted. Do mention it is your anniversary.

Thank you. I booked tonight for the Normandie.

Can you order more than one dish in the specialty restaurants? I could eat all the appetizers- they look amazing!

We were in Muranos and asked for their soup, a salad and an appetizer as well as the main course. Now this may have been different because it was Muranos, but they told us that we could only have 2 of those 3 options prior to the main course.

Thank you. I booked tonight for the Normandie.

Can you order more than one dish in the specialty restaurants? I could eat all the appetizers- they look amazing!

Have not run into an issue for "sides" (Soups, Salads, Apps & Desserts)... Lol and Mr Sloop & I have been known to share, especially so when we go to a new Restaurant for us, or are trying special dishes

I have heard that in Muranos (S-Class) / the Oceanliners (M-Class) that they only allow one Entree per person

Was never an issue for us... After filling up on sides* we certainly could only handle one Entree. Lol

* Desserts - Our Waiter really spoiled us... He brought out a whole selection, in addition to what we actually ordered.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

...Can you order more than one dish in the specialty restaurants? I could eat all the appetizers- they look amazing!

You should have no problem ordering an extra appetizers at the Normandy, entrees might be a different matter. At Qsine it is normal practice to order many dishes as they are small plates and usually shared.

Rather than go into detail, here is a recent thread discussing this very question: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44128519#post44128519

We were in Muranos and asked for their soup, a salad and an appetizer as well as the main course. Now this may have been different because it was Muranos, but they told us that we could only have 2 of those 3 options prior to the main course.

That's weird.... We have never been turned down.