Kettle

We're leaving from Venice in a bog standard room. Do I assume we won't have one. Thank you.

Probably a good assumping that you won't have one. However, as mentioned above, just ask your staterom attendant. They may be able to find one for you.

My understanding is that Royal has kettles in all staterooms on cruises based out of the UK.

That's awesome! I'm doing a transatlantic out of Southampton to Puerto Rico and having a kettle in the room would be great. My girlfriend loves green tea and it would be great not running to the 24hr cafe or buffet for a cup of tea for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's awesome! I'm doing a transatlantic out of Southampton to Puerto Rico and having a kettle in the room would be great. My girlfriend loves green tea and it would be great not running to the 24hr cafe or buffet for a cup of tea for her.

I don't know when the kettles are removed, because they are gone for cruises out of San Juan. They could be removed before, during, or after your cruise..

OK - I'll bite.

What's a kettle? (I get from the treads it might be a teapot..)

QTPie :cool:

A kettle is needed to properly prepare tea.:)

Edited by clarea

In our experience, they are removed before the TA but your steward should be able to replace it if it is gone when you board. We will be asking for this on our westbound Celebrity Eclipse next month (same situation, from Southampton). We asked for it on our eastbound in May and they put one out for us early.

Edited by ECCruise

OK - I'll bite.

What's a kettle? (I get from the treads it might be a teapot..)

QTPie :cool:

Here down under we call them jugs or electric jugs. I asked our steward for one on the Radiance as we'd had one in our cabin on the Rhapsody & Voyager but he said he had none.

I guess in retrospect he didn't understand that when I asked for a jug I was referring to a kettle!

Gae

Edited by gaechann

Here down under we call them jugs or electric jugs. I asked our steward for one on the Radiance as we'd had one in our cabin on the Rhapsody & Voyager but he said he had none.

I guess in retrospect he didn't understand that when I asked for a jug I was referring to a kettle!

Gae

I know I would have been stumped if someone asked me for an electric jug!:)

We did a back to back, Baltic followed by a transatlantic, and the tea kettles were removed after the Baltic portion. However, we asked our steward to leave it for the transatlantic and he graciously left it in the room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app