First Carnival Cruise

GalCruzer

We will be on the Ecstasy in February. I've been on the Carnival website trying to get a good look at all this ship has to offer as well as any good places of interest.

But I figured it may be easier to ask since word of mouth is sometimes better.

So what are the interesting fun events and places on this ship? This would be for a single mom as well as my 17 year old daughter. I mean I see on their site where they show the waterworks, DJ, Game show etc. I was just wondering if there were other activities, maybe not able to show everything. Also interested in the good places to eat on here.

Because too with it being a Key West \Cozumel Cruise, I am wondering if it is worth it to get off the ship in Key West. We do plan to get off the ship in Cozumel.

TIA

We will be on the Ecstasy in February. I've been on the Carnival website trying to get a good look at all this ship has to offer as well as any good places of interest.

So what are the interesting fun events and places on this ship? This would be for a single mom as well as my 17 year old daughter. I mean I see on their site where they show the waterworks, DJ, Game show etc. I was just wondering if there were other activities, maybe not able to show everything. Also interested in the good places to eat on here.

Because too with it being a Key West \Cozumel Cruise, I am wondering if it is worth it to get off the ship in Key West. We do plan to get off the ship in Cozumel.

TIA

Key West has a flavor all it's own. Far more interesting at night though.

TIA

We try to always get off at new ports.

To find out specific events and activities on the ship you might also do a search on here for "Ecstasy Fun Times"

Happy sailing!

TIA

In the evening there is an enormous amount of entertainment, such as sing/dance shows, piano lounge/bar, comedy shows(regular and for adults), different types of lounges with various live music. As for good places to eat, I enjoy the main dinning room and buffet. I think the food is great in both.

In Key West, I suggest definitely to get off the ship, there are so many nice little cafes/restaurants, don't forget to try the famous key lime pie. Walking distance from the ship is the aquarium and butterfly farm. I have been to both. This port is very walkable and lively.

http://keywestbutterfly.com/index.htm

http://www.keywestaquarium.com/

Edited by cruiseelady

We have sailed on the Ecstasy twice and enjoyed both cruises on her.

I agree with the others that Key West is unique. When we were there a few years ago (on the Conquest), we took one of the short Conch train tours that took us around the island where we saw the highlights on Key West. Then when it was over, we walked around the port area where the ship was docked.

You might enjoy seeing some pictures my wife took and made into a slide show for her website. The link below will take you directly to the slide show. It will play automatically when the page opens but you can also go through it by clicking on the thumbnail pictures one at a time.

Bahamas Cruise

Key West is enjoyable. Have a great cruise.

Edited by JimAOk1945

We did the Behind The Scenes tour of the ship as well. It was informative, interesting, and entertaining. Well worth it. If you decide to do it, inquire at the Excursions desk as soon as possible on embarkation day. It is limited to just a few people and sells out fast.

Edited by JimAOk1945