Cribs

heatherandfred

How old was your little one before they stopped using the crib on the ship?

Cruise @ 28 months = pack'n'play (no cribs on NCL)

Cruise @ 33 months = bed (with inflatable rails)

Really though, @ 28 months he was scrunched up in the pack'n'play = and could step out of it with ease.. His choice to sleep there, really.

Really though, @ 28 months he was scrunched up in the pack'n'play = and could step out of it with ease.. His choice to sleep there, really.

I agree with this. These are usually hotel style cribs so it gets cramped earlier than at home. I think we abandoned cribs on ships when they were 24 months. We had a bit of a different situation with twins, because having 2 cribs in a cruise ship cabin leaves very little room. However, even at that point they were a bit scrunched and could have escaped at will (at a normal size and skill set for that age... except perhaps for the intuitive teamwork of twins.)

We had a pack and play reserved when our son was 24 months. He still slept in a crib at home at that point.

Even though we had the crib reserved (and I had the TA double check near cruise time)...once onboard they never were able to produce a crib for us...so he ended up sleeping in a regular bed that week.

All it took was that little taste of freedom, and once we got home he wanted nothing to do with sleeping in a crib anymore :)

• 2 weeks later...

We recently got back from cruising with our newly 2 year old who still sleeps in a crib at home. We requested a crib for our Carnival cruise and got it. It was smaller than the other metal hotel style cribs we've used before. This didn't seem any larger than a pack n' play in a crib "costume". The 2 year old would have nothing to do with it, but slept surprisingly well in the bed with us. He even napped during the day in bed with me.