KeyWest

GalCruzer

So one thing we want to do in Key West is the Key West Aquarium. Just wondering though is there more than one dock/pier, it seems there could be from the research I have done.

If so, any ideas which one Carnival Ecstasy may dock at in Feb 2015?

And thinking of doing the City Valley Trolley as well, but according to Carnival site it is only an hour, so seems like it would be better to ride it then get off at the Aquarium and hopefully the Aquarium is in walking distance to the pier. Not sure how to do this...Any ideas...

Or maybe we should just walk the entire Key West, as it seems a lot of people do...

TIA

Edited by GalCruzer

So it sounds like we will have to at least take a shuttle from the ship to key west then either walk from there or get on our trolley...

What date do you dock there??

***** (outer mole ) is the only one you will need a shuttle from the ship ...it is a secured area

Pier B you can walk to the trolley unless it is part of the ship's tour then it will probably be right at the ship

Edited by LHT28

This isn't until next year...Feb 17 to be exact...Just trying to get all my info...:D

Ok When you check the calendar the Ecstasy docks at ***** so yes you will need the shuttle

I believe it drops you at Mallory Square area

Others may be able to tell you for sure

we will be there in Nov also at ***** pier on HAL

This isn't until next year...Feb 17 to be exact...Just trying to get all my info...:D

You will be deposited right in front of the aquarium as well as where the trolleys leave from.

They may be 150ft apart.

Mike:)

ok. thank you for whomever posted the ship calendar. so our ship, grandeur states (b). so that does mean we dock at pier B?

we would like to do hop off hop on by ourselves and not with the ship.

we have gotten old city and city view as two choices from Cruise Critic.

any help out there????

Yes Grandeur docks at pier B the Westin Hotel pier which is an easy walk beside the hotel to Front St where you will find the trolley.

City View Trolley is newer, more comfortable and less expensive than Old Town Trolley.

I would buy my tickets online and save some money https://prod.mkat.com/mktixrun/shared/mknporun?dir=custom.MKT-895.CVKW-E22923&Event=CVKW-E22923&page=mk2eventregisterfrm.jsp

Mike:)

• 2 weeks later...
A quick search give the cruise ship calendars

http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.php

There are 3 possible piers check the date you are docking for the pier

http://www.keywestcity.com/egov/apps/services/index.egov?view=detail;id=86

Are there links for cruise ship calendars in places like Cozumel and Progreso? Looking for where the Carnival Elation will be docking in these ports.

Edited by GalCruzer
add'l info