Bringing soft drink on Celebrity and Princess departing Sydney

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are a any restrictions on bring soft drink on with you when you embark.

I know both have the drinks package but I prefer kirks sugar free lemonade to the popular brands.

I have previously travelled Carnival with no problems but don't want to rock up at the terminal with the drink if I can't bring them on board.

I did search the history and couldn't find anything current relating to these 2 companies.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

There is a woollies in the Sydney CBD I think in George St and more likely a Coles as well that would be your best bet. I would print an extra label and tape it to the carton and check it in with your luggage. A Google search will show the addresses of the supermarkets in the city.

Where are good places to purchase sodas in Sydney to take on the ship? Do we check the sodas with our baggage?

There is a Woolworths in the Met Centre in George Street, Sydney CBD just next to Wynyard Station, it is I'm pretty certain the closest of the majors to the OPT where you will be embarking as Solstice wont fit under the Bridge.

A Woollies [Woolworths] or Coles will have the best prices on a carton of soft drink [soda] they are the two major supermarkets in Sydney expect to pay about 50 cents a can for a carton, but if you buy one in a convenience store or service station [gas station] you'll pay $3 or more.

I've never taken it on but I understand that many slap a luggage tag on and it gets delivered to the room with the luggage.

Both lines have good soft drink packages so financially I cannot see the point of bringing your own on these ships.

Depends how much you drink, if it's one or two a day it might be better to bring your own, if your like me the all you can drink wins every time.

In fact if you are paying say $8 a day and can get cans at a supermarket for $12 for 24 you need to drink 15 a day before you are ahead.

For me it's a no brainer the package wins by a mile, :D plus I'd hate to have to run back to my cabin every time I wanted a drink :(.

Last cruise I just about broke even if counted the cans at 25c each :eek:.

Depends how much you drink, if it's one or two a day it might be better to bring your own, if your like me the all you can drink wins every time.

In fact if you are paying say $8 a day and can get cans at a supermarket for $12 for 24 you need to drink 15 a day before you are ahead.

For me it's a no brainer the package wins by a mile, :D plus I'd hate to have to run back to my cabin every time I wanted a drink :(.

Last cruise I just about broke even if counted the cans at 25c each :eek:.

Its the same rationale as me. If you buy them ashore then you have to carry them and you have to take leftovers home or you have wasted what you supposedly saved.

There is only one line I have ever taken my own soft drinks and that is with P&O UK. They never had the package when I sailed with them.

Its the same rationale as me. If you buy them ashore then you have to carry them and you have to take leftovers home or you have wasted what you supposedly saved.

There is only one line I have ever taken my own soft drinks and that is with P&O UK. They never had the package when I sailed with them.

I sailed with a line once that had no package and I did bring a bottle or two back when in port, but it was a short cruise 6 nights, I was seriously unwell at the time [actually only realised later just how crook I was] and really couldn't care, and running back to the cabin every time I wanted a drink would have been even more of a pain.