Poor customer service

Made reservations directly with RCI.

2 cabins and six passengers. My parents in one and my wife and kids with me in other.

The original agent put me in one cabin with my dad. Got my address wrong. Misspelled my mother's name. A big deal because she is a resident alien and not a US citizen.

I work for an airline and we get "interline" rates. Told to email my work ID to the wrong address. Would not have known had the email saying they hadn't received it.

The only thing that worked was billing my credit card. As always, no glitches there.

I have had to make numerous calls to rectify the original agent's screw ups. Almost all those calls have been met with confrontational agents blaming me for the mix up. I nipped these errors in the bud as soon as I caught them, yet it is my fault?

Not looking for any freebies. I just want to have confidence that when I check in at the port that everything will go smoothly.

There was no instructions that everything is now handled via email and Internet. No cruise documents or bag tags mailed conventionally. Supposed to know this through osmosis.

Right now my confidence in that is very low.

Of course it's not your fault...but once you're onboard, things WILL go more smoothly...the agents in the reservation office are dolts, for the most part. The folks who check you in work for the port...they aren't ship employees at all, and they know what they're doing! (Even if they have the cruise line's logo on their clothes...they are port employees!)

Edited by cb at sea

"...There was no instructions that everything is now handled via email and Internet. No cruise documents or bag tags mailed conventionally. Supposed to know this through osmosis.

Right now my confidence in that is very low."

Cruise documents and bag tags are all handled on line. RCI does not mail the tags or documents. These items are in your account, online, which you can review ONCE they are released and available to you. If you have any problems then call RCI. Yup, major pain but it happens.

Edited by Mrbp1

2 cabins and six passengers. My parents in one and my wife and kids with me in other.

The original agent put me in one cabin with my dad. Got my address wrong. Misspelled my mother's name. A big deal because she is a resident alien and not a US citizen.

I work for an airline and we get "interline" rates. Told to email my work ID to the wrong address. Would not have known had the email saying they hadn't received it.

The only thing that worked was billing my credit card. As always, no glitches there.

I have had to make numerous calls to rectify the original agent's screw ups. Almost all those calls have been met with confrontational agents blaming me for the mix up. I nipped these errors in the bud as soon as I caught them, yet it is my fault?

Not looking for any freebies. I just want to have confidence that when I check in at the port that everything will go smoothly.

There was no instructions that everything is now handled via email and Internet. No cruise documents or bag tags mailed conventionally. Supposed to know this through osmosis.

I would deal directly with the Crown & Anchor folks.....they seem a lot more knowledgeable......

I would call and ask for the resolution dept. and have that person go over everything with you, correct whatever needs correcting, and ask them to email you the corrected documents while you are still on the phone.

From your post I don't know here you are on "earth" but this has worked for me.

Everything does come by email.

I am confused. You are not new to cruising. Why does this shock, surprise or confuse you?

Last cruise was 3 years ago and all the docs were still mailed. No problem having them sent to two different addresses, so things have changed in the that time. To reiterate, the original agent made no mention of doing everything online.

Last cruise was 3 years ago and all the docs were still mailed. No problem having them sent to two different addresses, so things have changed in the that time. To reiterate, the original agent made no mention of doing everything online.

It's been longer than 3 years since RCI stopped mailing docs. If memory serves me correctly, they were stopped mid to late 2009.

You can still order them, but they will cost you $35.

Edited by cruisenfever

All you need to board is your Setsail pass which you can print out once you have completed it on line. There is no need to print the entire document booklet. You will find the luggage tags toward the last pages of that booklet with instructions on how to use them. If you have transfers with RCCI, you can print that page as well. Sorry you had so much trouble booking. Hope you enjoy the cruise once on board.

And what happens when you can't get into your reservation to print off any of your documents? I'm all about electronic documents and all that. But I have not been able to access my reservation online for a little while now. I can't complete online check in. I can't see my cruise planner, I can't print any documents once they become available...I can't do anything online!!

Of course, they tell me every time I call that it's fixed now and I should be able to get in. I have not had success yet, and they seem to have no solution except asking me to call back the next day every time. I understand they have some IT issues, but it's taking away from the fun of planning and getting ready for it when you can't see any of your details! Not the best first impression for RCI for me personally.

"...Of course, they tell me every time I call that it's fixed now and I should be able to get in. I have not had success yet, and they seem to have no solution except asking me to call back the next day every time. I understand they have some IT issues, but it's taking away from the fun of planning and getting ready for it when you can't see any of your details! Not the best first impression for RCI for me personally."

Clear your cache on your browser or use a different browser. Yes, I know a major pain but this usually will fix the issue based on past experiences.

And what happens when you can't get into your reservation to print off any of your documents? I'm all about electronic documents and all that. But I have not been able to access my reservation online for a little while now. I can't complete online check in. I can't see my cruise planner, I can't print any documents once they become available...I can't do anything online!!

Of course, they tell me every time I call that it's fixed now and I should be able to get in. I have not had success yet, and they seem to have no solution except asking me to call back the next day every time. I understand they have some IT issues, but it's taking away from the fun of planning and getting ready for it when you can't see any of your details! Not the best first impression for RCI for me personally.

If you are sailing in 2 months and can't get on your reservation online, something is wrong. Try dumping your cookies first and if that doesn't work, a different browser.

Clear your cache on your browser or use a different browser. Yes, I know a major pain but this usually will fix the issue based on past experiences.

If you are sailing in 2 months and can't get on your reservation online, something is wrong. Try dumping your cookies first and if that doesn't work, a different browser.

I've done all of the above! I have tried 3 different browsers, and I always clear out all my history, cookies, cache, everything! I can't think of anything else to clear at this point. Thanks for the tips though

I've done all of the above! I have tried 3 different browsers, and I always clear out all my history, cookies, cache, everything! I can't think of anything else to clear at this point. Thanks for the tips though

I'm sure we can help. List off the steps you take and what happens

RIght now I can access my reservation. But a few weeks ago I couldn't. I cleared my browsers' caches. I reset top sites, I got rid of cookies, TIFs, cleared the download window etc.

I used Chrome, Safari, Firefox and IE. I used my MacBook Pro, my iPad and my PC. I even gave my information and password to a friend and she tried to do it from her computer at her house.

Sometimes you do EVERYTHING and it doesn't work. Celebrity and RCI have internet issues. Which become OUR computer issues.

I'm sure we can help. List off the steps you take and what happens

I just called them again a little while ago and she said they are having some website issues today (what's new)...but that she would send an email to an administrator because she can't get into it from her end either (which has been the same for every person I've talked to).

When I was able to get in my reservation before, I always logged in and went to My Cruises. Since I haven't been able to get in (it started Sept 26), 3 different reps have told me not to login anymore, but only to use the "before you board" tab and select online check-in or countdown to cruise instead. Each time I try to login, or go to the links on the Before you Board tab, I get one these two errors:

"We're sorry, but we are unable to retrieve your booking information at this time. For assistance, please call 866-562-7625"

and

"We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later"

I get the first one more often.

Today, she asked me to create a new login name and move the reservation to that account, and it gave the same error (top one). That's when she said she would send the email to an administrator for me...