Celebrity Dress Code Discussion Thread

Andy

So theoretically, according to whoever on the Summit decided to re-define the dress code, one can wear khakis with rips and holes, just not jeans with rips and holes. :D

Here is what the actual Celebrity website says:

"Smart Casual & Above" attire includes:

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a sweater or blouse. Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

So again, there is NOTHING mentioned specifically about jeans, so it is perfectly fine to wear jeans, despite what some people may think. Any pants worn, be they jeans, khakis or tuxedo pants, must be free of rips/holes/tears.

Waterbug

Until a few years ago, jeans were specifically forbidden in the dress code. They have been removed from the web site and since then have absolutely been allowed. Not really an issue anymore.

Edited by dkjretired

So theoretically, according to whoever on the Summit decided to re-define the dress code, one can wear khakis with rips and holes, just not jeans with rips and holes. :D

Here is what the actual Celebrity website says:

"Smart Casual & Above" attire includes:

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a sweater or blouse. Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

So again, there is NOTHING mentioned specifically about jeans, so it is perfectly fine to wear jeans, despite what some people may think. Any pants worn, be they jeans, khakis or tuxedo pants, must be free of rips/holes/tears.

Thanks for quoting exactly what Celebritys web site says concerning the suggested dress guideline (s). Some Cruisers on theses forums like to post their interruption of the suggested dress guideline (s).

Thanks for quoting exactly what Celebritys web site says concerning the suggested dress guideline (s). Some Cruisers on theses forums like to post their interruption of the suggested dress guideline (s).

Language varies as well on celebrity sites and informational materials

Sometimes it's worded one way in the FAQ, another day in descriptions on the website outside the FAQ, a slightly different way on cruise docs, and yet another way in Celebrity Today.

I know I have seen the word JEANS with no holes or rips used in some of these.

Actually, just looked at my Crusie documents for my upcoming sailing. It refers to "Pants/trousers [sic]" followed by the rest of the quote provided by the prior potter, not JUST the word pants. SO even here is a variant for the website.

OK, I attended the Elite drinks on Equinox and there was specific mention contained in the Captain's Club pack that jeans could be worn (within the bounds of smart casual) as long as there were no rips or tears in them.

Well there ya go, lol. The website doesn't reference jeans now, but I guess some literature onboard does, and supports what I've said before based on the website verbiage: Jeans are allowed. :)

Waterbug

Until a few years ago, jeans were specifically forbidden in the dress code. They have been removed from the web site and since then have absolutely been allowed. Not really an issue anymore.

That's been my point all along, based on the current website verbiage. :)

noob needs help;) DH & I enjoy dressing up a bit for formal dinner. I admit to not being thrilled seeing cargo shorts & sneakers in the MDR passing muster on formal nights on CCL, RCCL & DCL sailings.

For formal nights, DH will don a suit & tie & I will wear a cocktail dress or even a long gown if mood strikes me.

It's the rest of the nights I'm questioning. Typically, I pack as follows for cruises. Last thing I want is to feel under-dressed, be frank;)

DH: dark dress pants, often a pair of tan chinos, with shirts being combo of long-sleeved button down shirts, tommy bahama types & 'nice' golf shirts.

me: cocktail or maxi dresses, or separates with glittery tops of some sort & dressy capris or slinky pants. Can't tolerate heels any longer, go with dressy leather sandals with a small wedge heel (hopefully not to be confused with flipflops) or flats.

noob needs help;) DH & I enjoy dressing up a bit for formal dinner. I admit to not being thrilled seeing cargo shorts & sneakers in the MDR passing muster on formal nights on CCL, RCCL & DCL sailings.

For formal nights, DH will don a suit & tie & I will wear a cocktail dress or even a long gown if mood strikes me.

It's the rest of the nights I'm questioning. Typically, I pack as follows for cruises. Last thing I want is to feel under-dressed, be frank;)

DH: dark dress pants, often a pair of tan chinos, with shirts being combo of long-sleeved button down shirts, tommy bahama types & 'nice' golf shirts.

me: cocktail or maxi dresses, or separates with glittery tops of some sort & dressy capris or slinky pants. Can't tolerate heels any longer, go with dressy leather sandals with a small wedge heel (hopefully not to be confused with flipflops) or flats.

Not sure why you need help sounds fine to me, except personally I wouldn't wear the golf shirt, f you mean a "polo" type T-shirt with collar, but that's just me.

More than acceptable. You'll be fine with that.

Not sure why you need help sounds fine to me, except personally I wouldn't wear the golf shirt, f you mean a "polo" type T-shirt with collar, but that's just me.

thanks, yes, I was referring to that sort of golf shirt; but of the micro-fiber/wicking material type vs a cotton blend.

Depends, are you male or female? :p. Yes, it would be fine

On Princess I wore my "70's disco Saturday Night Fever" outfit for formal nights. Gold or sheer black open shirt colored polyester shirt, white bell bottom pants, and white platform shoes on formal night. Never been stopped entering MDR. :cool:

Edited by Kingofcool1947

OK, now I'm confused. Would dress pants and a shiny top be acceptable formal wear for Celebrity? (They were for HAL.)

Thanks!

On Princess I wore my "70's disco Saturday Night Fever" outfit for formal nights. Gold or sheer black open shirt colored polyester shirt, white bell bottom pants, and white platform shoes on formal night. Never been stopped entering MDR.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

On Princess I wore my "70's disco Saturday Night Fever" outfit for formal nights. Gold or sheer black colored polyester shirt, white bell bottom pants, and white platform shoes on formal night. Never been stopped entering MDR.

I would LOVE if Celebrity had some kind of disco or retro dance party. I grew up in the disco generation, and it's something that would make me very happy :)

Sadly, I don't have my bell bottoms or platform shoes anymore :(

this is just me, but I think dress pants and "shiny" top would be ok for formal night....we have been to serveal black tie optional affairs in the past and these days almost EVERYTHNG goes So I would think that on a cruise ship it should be just fine.

Edited by Deenie33