Reserving Specialty Dining Options

jak378

I know that I could call Princess Customer Service to ask this, but I am feeling lazy so I will ask here. Does anyone know if the extra cost, specialty dining rooms can be reserved prior to boarding?

The specialty restaurants often have to place someone outside to lure passengers in to eat there. Busiest nights are formal nights. It's been many years since I've seen them fully booked, probably since the dining room and buffet food is so good. Of course, that's subjective.

I usually go by the specialty restaurant the day I board and make the reservations. I have had better success with that than trying to use the telephone. The quicker after boarding you sign up, the better but it is not normally a race to do it. Formal nights tend to be more crowded than non-formal nights. The specialty restaurants are casual just like the non-formal nights in the MDR.

They cannot. Once on board, call DINE. Honestly, I've never had trouble getting all the reservations I wanted.

Agreed! We have never had a problem getting the Crown Grill, our preferred specialty restaurant, on the evening(s) we want, even if it is a last minute decision.

Now, if you want to do the Chef's Table that's a whole different scenario.

More than once we've been unable to get through on the Dine line. Never thought to go there to make a reservation. Of course the dining rooms aren't always open so that isn't a guarantee, either.

On embarkation day there is always someone there to take reservations.

On other days there might be someone there at times meals are not being served.

So, when you board, what dining room should you go to in order to make a reservation. Do you go to the specialty restaurant of choice or one of the main dining rooms? Going for Christmas so we want to get dinner scheduled once we board. We will board early as well.

On the Grand in September, the Dine Line was fast and efficient when I called on the first afternoon.

The waiter in the Crown Grill remembered me from a previous ship. So nice:)

Room service was fast and efficient, too. All week!

The Grand's staff and service really were wonderful.

I usually go by the specialty restaurant the day I board and make the reservations.

I went to the Crown Grill on embarcation day. There was a gent

there to take reservations. I told him what I wanted.

He picked up the phone, and called the dine line, and

repeated what I said.

Other (princess) ships I have been on have a bit more sophisticated system.