Is this a good deal?

antztein

Hi All,

I am getting an Aqua Class balcony(A2) on Celebrity Reflection for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise for $899 per person along with pre-paid gratuities.

Is this a good deal? Is it possible to get lower price for Aqua Class Balcony on Celebrity Reflection or Silhoutte?

Thanks

Hi All,

I am getting an Aqua Class balcony(A2) on Celebrity Reflection for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise for $899 per person along with pre-paid gratuities.

Is this a good deal?

It depends on when you are going.

$899 per person is the asking price currently posted for Aqua Class guarantees on the Reflection for November and December (pre-Christmas) cruises.

It is also the price shown for that category in recent mailings we received.

The Christmas - New Years holiday dates are typically priced higher, so that is a good deal if you are going in the December 25 - January 1 holiday time frame or during spring break.

If using a travel agent, you should expect to get at least pre-paid gratuities, and possibly a specialty restaurant dinner or some onboard credit included as well.

Is it possible to get lower price for Aqua Class Balcony on Celebrity Reflection or Silhoutte?Thanks
If if is worth your time to shop around, you may be able to find a travel agent that has group space for a lower price. But for only one cabin in that price range, it hardly seems worth the effort.

My opinion would be to go with what you have and enjoy it.

Edited by fleckle

We did book 1 year out but bout 3 months ago they had a res rate and it was combinable so we upgraded from a reg balcony to aqua for only $ 40 more and they gave us 50 more in obc it was a no brainer. I thought we got a great deal now am so excited for our jan cruise :p

My advice is "if you thought it was a good deal at the time and was happy to pay the price , then it is a good deal". Avoid buyers remorse by not worrying if you could have got it cheaper. Enjoy the cruise.:D

I agree. I do think it is a very good deal. We paid more than that per person and got free beverages and we thought we had a great deal at that time - especially since the price of our cabin went up $450/person as we got closer to sail date.

Enjoy your cruise and don't think about whether you got a good deal. You did!!!! :D

ATILLAMOM---that just cracks me up :D---I can just see a woman with nine small kids running around the house screaming and Atilla mom cracking the whip......reninds me of the old black and white Ma and PA Kettle movies....great handle......I would always do what you told me to do :D

ATILLAMOM---that just cracks me up :D---I can just see a woman with nine small kids running around the house screaming and Atilla mom cracking the whip......reninds me of the old black and white Ma and PA Kettle movies....great handle......I would always do what you told me to do :D

LOL, I would to but I would do it 'tomorrow'.:D

Hi All,

Is this a good deal? Is it possible to get lower price for Aqua Class Balcony on Celebrity Reflection or Silhoutte?Thanks

Depends on your sailing date. We once paid a premium to pre-book our family on a school holiday cruise, only to see the price drop to $300pp/balcony for seven days. We were really down until we thought how much fun we were going to have. And in the end, we learned never to second guess, we had a great time. A few hundred bucks didn't matter.

Hi All,

Is this a good deal? Is it possible to get lower price for Aqua Class Balcony on Celebrity Reflection or Silhoutte?

Thanks

We paid $1149 for Nov 8 Western for an A1 cabin we chose but not one with extra large balcony..,...price includes bev package but not gratuities. We booked quite awhile ago and prices did not go down...except maybe now after final payment?

depends on sailing date, current offers from X or TA if you use one....and if you are happy with your price....prices can go up as well as down.

Edited by hcat

Hi All,

Thanks

A "good deal" is in the eye of the beholder. We are in an Aqua Suite and we paid $1799 per person, minus $250 per person, for a net of $1549 per person. We originally booked Sky Suites but upgraded to Aqua Suites for zero cost. Now, the current price for an Aqua Suite is $1599. So, when we are about at a wash, but, we got a $750 On Board Credit. So the net "cost" of the suite was a total of $3598-$500-$750 for a total of net cost of $1297 (plus port charges) per person. Was it a "good deal?" I think it was a GREAT DEAL. We wanted this particular sailing as we have friends going. Could we have gotten a "better deal" on a different ship or sailing? Likely, but this was when we wanted to go, on the ship we wanted to go on, in the class cabin we wanted to sail, for a price that was in our budget.

So, again, a "good deal" is in the eye of the beholder. If you got a price you like, on the ship you want, on the sailing you want, in a cabin that you want, then it's a good deal. Consider this, you can often find a little better (or sometimes much better) price as the sailing gets closer. But not always. Sure, the price on my cruise came down $200 per person, but I wouldn't have gotten the $750 OBC. So, I would not be going on this cruise in an Aqua Suite. That is the only way to look at it. Also, remember you can take advantage of lower rates outside of final payment, and inside final payment you can upgrade for little or no money. We did that on our last cruise, went from a balcony to a suite for zero cost. Thought that was a "good deal" too.

Since you asked here is my answer: If I paid that much I would also expect the drink pack, $400 OBC, and a speciality dinner. If it is a guaranteed rate I would want to get upgraded into a Celebrity Suite or higher. :D

It all depends on what you consider is a fair reasonable price and willing to pay. I am sure that if you ask someone on board they may tell you about some better deal that they got so if you want the truth don't ask.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Since you asked here is my answer: If I paid that much I would also expect the drink pack, $400 OBC, and a speciality dinner. If it is a guaranteed rate I would want to get upgraded into a Celebrity Suite or higher. :D

It all depends on what you consider is a fair reasonable price and willing to pay. I am sure that if you ask someone on board they may tell you about some better deal that they got so if you want the truth don't ask.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You would expect all that for $899 per person in Aqua? Based on the prices I'm seeing and knowing what my fairly aggressive TA can do, that seems a bit unreasonable. On my sailing Aqua has a current rack-rate of $1449 pp.

Thanks for all the replies. We are booked on the Nov 29 sailing aboard Celebrity Reflection :)

Scott 2.0 - Miched is just joking I guess.

Probably about the price and perks but I agree about not asking what other people have paid when on board. It only gets one or the other parties upset that they paid more. It is best to just gloss over the subject if asked.:D

Thanks for all the replies. We are booked on the Nov 29 sailing aboard Celebrity Reflection :)

Scott 2.0 - Miched is just joking I guess.

Bingo

Enjoy your cruise. If anything the mistake will be booking AQ as you should really like it and chances are that it will not be that low again.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Bingo

Enjoy your cruise. If anything the mistake will be booking AQ as you should really like it and chances are that it will not be that low again.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Sorry, clearly there was not enough coffee pumping through these veins before responding.

Next time, for those of us barely awake and/or simply not thinking, please use the joking font. :D