Hotels/motels near Port of Long Beach

Ellaleah

We are staying at the Quality Inn $119. (Which is the cost of parking at the terminal) Includes stay, breakfast free shuttle to and from and parking.

We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn,(Would have again, but they had a 3 night minimum the week end we leave. We love it. Includes all the above, but breakfast is made to order, staff in awesome and shuttle was great.

The West Coast departure board has more info to answer your question. With that said, I didn't find any that were both near the port and free to leave your car and most that are near the pier are more expensive than the $17 a day at the port. We scored the Hyatt Regency for $95 a night on hotwire for the night before our cruise and will leave the car at the port so when we are forced off the ship, we can just get in our car and drive home.

We just returned from a cruise out of LA and selected the Hyatt the Pike. Absolutely LOVED it. It was very highly recommended on Trip Advisor and it was also ranked as one of the best resort hotels in Southern California. It had the feel of a small, boutique hotel. You could see the Carnival cruise terminal and the Queen Mary from its rooftop resort style pool. I can't comment on the parking, but there's a free shuttle that runs from Long Beach to the cruise terminal (the Passport). We got a great discount rate.

Feel free to click on my signature below (Golden Princess) for some pictures of the hotel.

We stayed at the Hotel Maya and absolutely loved it! You can watch the ship come into port and the Miracle is so close you can even walk right over in the morning (although they have a free shuttle) I found a Carnival promo code that have us a substantial discount!!!ImageUploadedByForums1413564061.441163.jpg.36f12cef0993b0a8397821db0791923e.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1413564098.542762.jpg.791fa00d451ae9284d7332ccd843da93.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1413564080.736190.jpg.233042d1945a6a25793b9484a2a6a0da.jpg

I don't think I would stay at the Quality Inn...or leave my car there...Wrong part of Long Beach...

I have a "short list" of Long Beach hotels...

Group A: Hyatt Regency, Hyatt at the Pike, Renaissance, Westin...

Group B: Maya Doubletree, Residence Inn Downtown, Hilton

The Hyatt at the Pike and Hyatt Regency are in the absolute best locations in Long Beach with the Renaissance very close behind and the Westin just a little further from dead center...Stay at one of these and you will be in a first class hotel and right in the heart of everything...with lots of restaurants and shopping right outside your door...and attractions like the Aquarium of the Pacific and Shoreline Village right there as well...

The Hilton is in the same general area, just a little farther away...

The Maya Doubletree and the Residence Inn Downtown are across the channel from Downtown--on the same side as the Carnival Pier and the Queen Mary...

There is a FREE public shuttle service...called the Passport...which takes you between these locations and up to the Walmart and other shopping as well...

Many ot these hotels DO offer "Park and Cruise" rates...You can usually find them on the respective websites...If not, call and ask...

Renaissance has this offer:

"Escape! Park & Sail, includes snacks per night, 2 signature cocktails per night at Sip, 7 nights parking after stay, welcome amenity, see Rate Rules"

Hyatt Regency and Hyatt at the Pike:

"Park & Cruise Package

Come sail away at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach. This package includes complimentary Self-Parking for up to 8 nights. Please note that transportation to/from cruise ship terminal and self parking for more than 8 nights are available at an additional cost. Please inquire to hotel directly for more information."

The Maya often has a "Carnival Rate" which includes parking...

We are staying at the Quality Inn $119. (Which is the cost of parking at the terminal) Includes stay, breakfast free shuttle to and from and parking.

We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn,(Would have again, but they had a 3 night minimum the week end we leave. We love it. Includes all the above, but breakfast is made to order, staff in awesome and shuttle was great.

It's the weekend of the Long Beach Grand Prix (April 17-19, 2015). Be prepared for crowds, traffic and longer shuttle times.

• 2 weeks later...

On the far east side of Long Beach is the Hotel Current:

http://www.hotelcurrent.com/

Snooze & Cruise | Rest, relax, & refresh before your ship sets sail! Stay one night & receive FREE parking, complimentary shuttle service to & from port of choice, & more …

• Shuttle service to both Long Beach or San Pedro port
  • Healthy American Continental breakfast & hotel amenities included
  • Complimentary guest parking thru duration of cruise
  • Book Now

Its about a 15 to 20 minute drive to the port from the hotel. Major golf course across the street. Backs up onto one of the priciest home areas in Long Beach, Park Estates, and is a short drive to lots of places the locals, like me, hang out.