Cruise Critic Community
jv_nyc

Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

Hello everyone! We are the Quantum Live Reporters who will be on the Maiden Transatlantic Voyage from Southampton, England to Cape Liberty, NJ on Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas (November 2 through November 10). Hard to believe that we’ll be on this beautiful new ship in just TWO WEEKS! We will use this thread as our Live Reporting thread, so please subscribe to it.

We know that new ships cause a flurry of excitement, and we’re so happy to be some of the first passengers to share all that Quantum of the Seas has to offer. We assembled from our Roll Call because we knew that it would take a small army to cover all that is Quantum of the Seas. We will take a lot of photos, and if you’re on our sailing, and would like to join us, just post to our Roll Call, and we’ll be in touch.

Leading up to our November 2 voyage, we will be counting down toward our cruise date by posting recaps on the many exciting WOWs that Quantum of the Seas as to offer, and also we’ll share more about us as we all bring a little different perspective to how we each approach cruising.

Our Roll Call also has 12 events planned over the eight day sailing, including a Flash Mob proposal, a Bumper Car launch and a Masquerade Dinner at The Grande. We’re going to have a lot of fun!

We look forward to your comments, questions and feedback to make this the BEST Live Report on Cruise Critic yet!

Quantum Live Reporters

jv_nyc (Joanna)

Clansman37 (Dan)

Dancinman66 (Greg)

David4 (David)

Emmad1973 (Emma)

HandE (Elayne)

Jasoncruising1976 (Jason)

queenL (Lateefah)

Rollover (Karen)

SkyKingBNA (Tracy)

TravelinGert (Gertie)

PS: Quantum Fun Fact: The class of ships was code-named “Sunshine.”

Subscribing. I am very interested to follow you and the reporting crew on your voyage. Thanks in advance for all your work.

Andrew

What a wonderful thing to find as I start my daily review of Cruise Critic.

Never did I think I would find something like this...............

WOW factor in full motion.

This is great news.

I am subscribing too.

And thanking you now for taking the time to do this.

Definetely will be in my favorite list to hit on....

Safe travels

Sea Ya

I'm really interested to read this too. I have a friend on that sailing and also have a short trip on Anthem next year so dying to hear all about the new class.

One question - do you intend to your post your pictures with a link to a web hosting site, rather than actually posting them all on here. One of the current Oasis TA 'live' reporters is doing that and it makes for much easier reading without having to scroll through lots of 'quoted' pictures - which some people can't seem to help doing - and which leads to many many pages on a thread.

I confess I have a vested interest since I'll be on the Liberty TA and with onboard internet will probably find it difficult to download a thread with many many photos ;)

Edited by Bobal

Thank you so much b/c I can't decide when I want to go on this new ship or Anthem and would love to see tons of pictures, and any other info., and this would help us all decide, we can't thank you enough for doing this review, I think we're all excited to hear something :)

Looks great, would it be alright with you if when reading it we could post a photo or two that we took, my wife and I will be there with you?

We you soon!

Ed and Lynda

:eek::):p:p;):D

Looking forward of your live report as well!! We will be on Anthem next July. Thank you for doing this, I cant wait!

We will be looking forward to your comments and pictures as we will be on her in December.

Following, also. We will be on the March 21st sailing! Can't wait to hear all the great things about this beautiful ship. Especially entertainment & dynamic dining!!

Kathie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Subscribed

Looking forward

I'll be sailing the inaugural voyage and interested in hearing and seeing what your thoughts and experiences are.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I'll be following, also.

DH and I are on 12/12/14 sailing and can't wait for your input and ( hopefully) pics

Smooth sailing and thank you ahead if time

I am anxious to read all your comments and see all your pics on this TA voyage. I have read that others have subscribed - how do I go about subscribing?? I don't want to miss a thing:)

Thanks everyone! We're excited too!

@Bobal - yes, we plan to do a combination of both; post photos in the thread as well as link to an online album.

@Baded - yes, of course - the more the merrier! Feel free to contribute any posts/photos to the thread.

As of 19 October 2014, 355 guests have signed up for the Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle for the Quantum Of The Seas sailing on 02-Nov-2014.

At the moment though we do not know where our themed M&M will take place.

We decided to pick a theme for our M&M which is UK-USA, Red & White & Blue, this theme will carry on through some of the events we have planned.

There will be a few surprises along the way, some even my fellow Quantum Launchers do not know about ;)

Let the party begin and keep those Lemon Drops coming Bartender :D

I am also subscribing. Even though we don't have plans for the Quantum or Anthem (yet) we are booked on the Oasis in May and will be experiencing Dynamic Dining with a group of 10. We will be interested to see how it all works for you. Have things worked out better for the reservation system as of late or are people still having problems reserving their desired times?

This is such a good idea to have one LIVE report with multiple reporters! Thank you n advance.:)

Subscribed ... We are sailing on the Allure in November. Have done a few Eastbound TAs but are seriously considering sailing on the Anthem TA ithis time next year. Very interested in the weather on this crossing and the new class of ship and everything it has to offer. Look forward to your posts.