Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

I will do a review later having a bad one today will post details later our cabin 8110 with its position is like a roller coaster at the moment. Wife and daughter throwing up all morning.

No kids menu in any of the main restaurants. Having dined MDR previously with little one eating off that we kind of assumed there would be a kids menu in at least one of the venues. But no! Told to eat in the windjammer which I hate. They say he kids menu in main venues are just smaller portions of what's on offer. Think they should have made us aware of this at point of booking. Had to leave American icon last night and go Jonny rockets. Just a kids spag. Bol in a main siding room would be nice. Spoke to restaurant manager though and she did say they were working on kids menu but not ready yet so future cruisers might have one!

Also would you believe no place on deck 4 or 5 to get a drink before 11am. Brought the family down a few decks to settle them and can't get a drink anywhere unless we have soda package and use machines. Just hot drinks and water. I just want a can of diet coke! Asked at GS told only place open is pool bar. Don't really want to take a sick child to deck 14. You would think somewhere down here would be open for a drink!

Ship is wonderful. Just feeling down today slept awful with lots of banging from now of ship and little one being sick everywhere isn't helping.

When I feel better will do a full live review on a separate thread so look out for it. Ship is beautiful though

I will do a review later having a bad one today

Oh dear... so sorry. Hope everyone gets their "sea legs" (or better drugs) soon...

Re: kids menu, wonder if you mention something at Guest Services if they could arrange *something* at each restaurant. Even if it's limited, like plain pasta noodles with butter/parmesan, or a breaded chicken cutlet - have to imagine that each kitchen could handle that. (I am one of those lucky parents who has a child who has a palate like an adult... sorry for the little ones!!)

I am wondering what menus are available (especially for dinner) for the Suites - other ships you were supposed to be able to order from different menus from the standard room service menus. The Superior Grand Suite has the outdoor dining table option (not sure since it's cold that you would want to sit outside & eat :D) .

Also on pic 18 of the SGS it is showing 2 lounger type chairs w/ottomans - do they turn into a full lounger type chair when you pull out the ottoman or is there a gap between the end of the chair and the ottoman.

Also do they stock the mini fridge and can you have the option for them not to stock it - a previous thread said that there was a lock or something on it and how do you get access to the contents.

Thanks,

Pat

Edited by pkexton

Thanks for all your information. Please enjoy yourselves. We will be on the Ship Nov. 21 for the two-night sampler in a Grand Suite. I think the photos of the Grand Suite look great.

Just a few questions:

Do suites have the reserved seating at the shows?

Also how is the concierge lounge? How about Coastal Kitchen?

Awe Peewee....so sorry to hear of your family not doing well this morning. I am a little shocked to say the least that they do not have kid friendly menus ready yet.

Not a good start to the cruise for sure for them. No where to get a regular beverage this early in the morning is crazy too.

Hope things improve for you. Know we are all thinking of you!

I thought the bars on most ships didn't open till 11am?

It's not an alcoholic drink I was after. Just a can of diet coke or a soda water or sprite. Nothing available apart from free style machines anywhere except the pool bar. Not even at cafe 270 we even asked at GS and they said nope pool bar only. I just think it's crazy

I do hope they sort out the kids menu. I hate the WJ for dinner and my kids have always have always been happy with the kids menu in the MDR.

I am not a big complainer and usually positive but this has been a bit of a downer. I loved the MDR on Indy in August and the little one loves the kids menu. American icon last night there was just nothing she would have eaten and I just got told windjammer only

Anyway I have spoken to someone at GS and they are looking into it. I said even just one venue like American icon with a kids menu would suffice we would just eat there. I just can't face the windjammer every night

Hi

Firstly, thank you so much for all the wonderful information and pictures.....hugely appreciated :)

We are looking forward to 3 nights on the Anthem next year and are treating ourselves to a Grand Suite.....never been in a suite before and probably never will again!! I wondered if you could please take some pictures of the Concierge Lounge and provide some information on what is on offer there. Also, where are the reserved seats in the theatre and am I right that there is an area set aside for for sunbathing?

I hope you continue to have a fabulous trip.

Thanks again.....Simmo

I will do a review later having a bad one today will post details later our cabin 8110 with its position is like a roller coaster at the moment. Wife and daughter throwing up all morning.

No kids menu in any of the main restaurants. Having dined MDR previously with little one eating off that we kind of assumed there would be a kids menu in at least one of the venues. But no! Told to eat in the windjammer which I hate. They say he kids menu in main venues are just smaller portions of what's on offer. Think they should have made us aware of this at point of booking. Had to leave American icon last night and go Jonny rockets. Just a kids spag. Bol in a main siding room would be nice. Spoke to restaurant manager though and she did say they were working on kids menu but not ready yet so future cruisers might have one!

Also would you believe no place on deck 4 or 5 to get a drink before 11am. Brought the family down a few decks to settle them and can't get a drink anywhere unless we have soda package and use machines. Just hot drinks and water. I just want a can of diet coke! Asked at GS told only place open is pool bar. Don't really want to take a sick child to deck 14. You would think somewhere down here would be open for a drink!

Ship is wonderful. Just feeling down today slept awful with lots of banging from now of ship and little one being sick everywhere isn't helping.

When I feel better will do a full live review on a separate thread so look out for it. Ship is beautiful though

Hope your family feels better soon. Very surprised that the main restaurants wouldn't have a kids menu....what can be so hard about that? Hope things improve for you.

Thanks to OP and all aboard who are contributing. We appreciate everything you are posting -- but don't let us give you too much work.

. . .

13. . . . Treadmill equipment is nice, and I was able to get a couple of miles in even though the treadmill was moving under my feet. . . .

LOL -- I always enjoy the opportunity to get a little hill work in even at sea.

A BIG favor please - I love all the pics you posted of your superior grand suite on the Launchers page. If you have extra time could you please take a pic from on the balcony - from the end of the right side as you exit looking toward the wrap around area. It is hard from the close up of the opening to get to wrap around to see how much that divider really blocks the view. I DO wish they could just remove those dividers in the corner for a clear view. Maybe it isn't as bad as I think it is - thanks so much - wishing you smooth sailing and a wonderful cruise - it is so kind of you to take pics and provide comments for us. Thanks again - much appreciated. Looking forward to this balcony pic and any others you post on Launchers page - so exciting to finally see the details. LOVE the huge porthole - suite looks "sweet" - hope you enjoy it!!

Sorry your family is sick. I hope the seas calm down soon.