Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Hiya all, does anybody know where the Quantum is right now ( 28/11? we are booked to sail on Sunday , Ta. :).

Been out of the loop for a week, but I thought she had to go back to drydock in Hamburg for some maintenance.

Per Vessel Finder: Quantum is scheduled to arrive in South Hampton on 10/29

Last 5 port calls as detected by AIS

Date / Time Port Country

Oct 28, 2014, 12:04 UTC BREMERHAVEN Flag of Germany Germany

Oct 25, 2014, 17:04 UTC HAMBURG Flag of Germany Germany

Oct 23, 2014, 02:04 UTC BREMERHAVEN Flag of Germany Germany

Oct 12, 2014, 17:04 UTC BREMERHAVEN Flag of Germany Germany

Sep 29, 2014, 18:04 UTC EEMSHAVEN Flag of Netherlands Netherlands

Edited by JMG

Yeah for you. They still haven't confirmed date/place/time for 11/23 yet. :(

You have a few weeks yet John, I am sure they will let you know soon.

Our M&M now has -

As of 28 October 2014, 373 guests have signed up for the Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle for the Quantum Of The Seas sailing on 02-Nov-2014.

Registration closes 3 days prior to sailing so if there is anyone who has not yet registered for the first Meet & Mingle on Quantum of the Seas and wishes to attend please register asap.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccSearch.do

You have a few weeks yet John, I am sure they will let you know soon.

We are anxiously awaiting as 1 pm definitely doesn't work for our sailing given one of the showings for Mamma Mia is at 2 pm day 2. I would expect they will take that into account and give us something in the morning.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Hello everyone! We are the Quantum Live Reporters who will be on the Maiden Transatlantic Voyage from Southampton, England to Cape Liberty, NJ on Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas (November 2 through November 10). Hard to believe that we’ll be on this beautiful new ship in just TWO WEEKS! We will use this thread as our Live Reporting thread, so please subscribe to it.

We know that new ships cause a flurry of excitement, and we’re so happy to be some of the first passengers to share all that Quantum of the Seas has to offer. We assembled from our Roll Call because we knew that it would take a small army to cover all that is Quantum of the Seas. We will take a lot of photos, and if you’re on our sailing, and would like to join us, just post to our Roll Call, and we’ll be in touch.

Leading up to our November 2 voyage, we will be counting down toward our cruise date by posting recaps on the many exciting WOWs that Quantum of the Seas as to offer, and also we’ll share more about us as we all bring a little different perspective to how we each approach cruising.

Our Roll Call also has 12 events planned over the eight day sailing, including a Flash Mob proposal, a Bumper Car launch and a Masquerade Dinner at The Grande. We’re going to have a lot of fun!

We look forward to your comments, questions and feedback to make this the BEST Live Report on Cruise Critic yet!

Quantum Live Reporters

jv_nyc (Joanna)

Clansman37 (Dan)

Dancinman66 (Greg)

David4 (David)

Emmad1973 (Emma)

HandE (Elayne)

Jasoncruising1976 (Jason)

queenL (Lateefah)

Rollover (Karen)

SkyKingBNA (Tracy)

TravelinGert (Gertie)

PS: Quantum Fun Fact: The class of ships was code-named “Sunshine.”[/quote\

would be interested about dining rooms, cabins and diamond plus benefits on the ship if you can touch base on that i would greatly appreciate. Have a safe journey.

Thanks everyone! I've updated the sheet with the new questions and grouped them by area/topic.

My DH and I are sitting at the airport waiting for our flight to Edinburgh.

Below are the events that we have planned from our Roll Call - we have such a fun, awesome group!

Roll Call Events

Nov 1 at 6pm - Holiday Inn Pre Cruise Get Together

Nov 2 at 1-2pm - Bionic Bar Pins/lanyards Pick Up

Nov 2 at 2pm - Pre Sailaway Get together with PBS at Two70

Nov 2 at 4:45pm - Sailaway Party PORT SIDE Out on Deck

Nov 3 at 12:30pm - Ladies Cocktail Hour

Nov 3 at 1:00pm - Meet & Mingle

Nov 3 - Right After Meet & Mingle - Cabin Crawl

Nov 5 at 2pm - Slot Pull

Nov 5 - Flash Mob Time/place to be confirmed (CC are videoing this also)

Nov 6 at 12:30pm - Pub Craft Beer Lunch

Nov 6 at 5:30pm - Masquerade Dinner at The Grande

TBD - Bumper Car Launch

Hi, Joanna (JV_NYC). Look forward to meeting you all on Quantum (Nov. 2) -- and can't wait to read your reports!

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Thanks Carolyn! Look forward to meeting you too!

Meet & Mingle time and place now been confirmed -

Quantum Of The Seas02-Nov-2014 03-Nov-2014 01:00:00 PM, Music Hall

Hope the ship's staff doesn't decide to change the date of it for you like they did on the Oasis TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather permitting some of us are going over to Hythe on Saturday afternoon to wave to the Independence of the Seas as she leaves on her transatlantic.

So if you are up on deck on the Indy and you see us waving the International Critters flags and waving our arms at you as you leave the dock for your voyage across the pond, please wave back to us :D

I just downloaded the Royal iQ app. The description in the App Store says there is a nominal fee for text/calling capability using the app. The other features work via the ship's free Wi-Fi. Please let us know what the nominal fee is. Also, if you use the app, please let us know if all features worked well. Thank you. Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast.

Edited by JCity156

Royal iQ working

Dan (Clansman 37)

No-go for me so far, Dan. :confused:

I'm not sweating it until I get to port although I'd love to get a look at it ahead of time!

Elayne