Best things to do in St. Kitts?

seaexplorer11

• 2 weeks later...
My island tours by Javin is our absolute favorite excursion. We've done it twice. Once with just my DH and myself and once with our college kids. If you like a little bit of everything it for you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to hear you enjoy Javin's tour. Just booked with him for next April!

• 2 weeks later...
My island tours by Javin is our absolute favorite excursion. We've done it twice. Once with just my DH and myself and once with our college kids. If you like a little bit of everything it for you

I agree, we just returned and our day with Javin was amazing! Would highly recommend.

One idea is a snorkeling trip to South Friars beach, a 10 minute cab ride from the cruise terminal. There's a long reef parallel to the beach (about 50 yds offshore) which is home to hundreds of colorful fish. Combine this with a walking tour of Basseterre, and your day is just about done.

Here are some photos from our recent visit, to give you the general idea ;)

View of North and South Friars beaches

F9w2js.jpg

South Friars beach

PcgO9c.jpg

Basseterre - The Circus

ULZMI0.jpg

Basseterre - the entrance to Independence Square

DB9qxe.jpg

Basseterre - the fountain at the center of Independence Square

w1gy32.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Those of you that did My island tour by Javin did you do hiking? We would like to hike the dormant volcano but it is not offered through our ship. We would like something a bit adventurous.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Javin picks you up at the ship and then brings your through the city on the way to the black rocks. Now you don't only go to see the black rocks he actually guides you down the rocks and takes some amazing pictures with the waves crashing behind you. From there you stop at an old sugar plantation and while learning history you also get to try some fresh sugar for the upcoming hike. He stops in his 'childhood backyard' where nobody else from your ship will see. It's amazing! You hike right into the rain forest. The first time with Javin it was just my husband and myself and we got to walk right into the water. Our second trip we had a larger group so we stayed up a little higher but it was still amazing. He makes sure to watch for time so you can get everything in and still get back to the ship in time. Once out of the forest you'll have some juice/water and some local pastries. Now I'm fussy but they were yummy! He also makes sure to brings soap and water for fresh hands when you're having your snack. Next you're off to a ship wreck to snorkel over it and see some of the largest star fish ever. Finally you end up at Cockleshell beach and Lions Bar. You have to have Lions punch. (I prefer without the spice) but it's to die for! Our entire bus was a weee bit tipsy going back to the ship. Enjoy it's our favorite tour! Ohh and he takes pics the whole time and uploads them for free to his site for you. ImageUploadedByForums1419623822.277525.jpg.915d664d7d1ec8e8e9766abff51a3ba8.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1419623811.180232.jpg.c2e77f89af88d3dc74a04ce543d67cfb.jpg

Those of you that did My island tour by Javin did you do hiking? We would like to hike the dormant volcano but it is not offered through our ship. We would like something a bit adventurous.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Check out Thenford Grey tours, his website used to offer it. We did it in January 2013.

When we went w Javin we were back around 4-430. We didn't depart until 6 so it gave us time to shop.

We almost did Javin a 3rd time but we are doing a volcano hike this February with Poinciana Tours. He's also bring us to Corkleshell beach after so we can hit Lions

Will do! If I don't report back after 2/10 remind me. We are hoping to see Javin at lions before we head back to port. I figure is give hubby an exercise day climbing the volcano. (I love the gym..him not so much hehe)

• 1 month later...

Ohh sorry thought I responded. It was a different post w/ the same thing. Anyway.....we started the day off by saying hi to Javin. :) then we went off w/ David from poinciana tours. We was super professional and nice. The hike is NOT for you if you are not in shape. Its 3 miles up and down (DUH) and you will be climbing over rocks, and tree roots. We did come across a few groups that were w the cruise tours (LARGE groups) and several people were struggling and stopping). Once at the top we did have some awesome raisin bread that David's wife made and some juice before we headed back down. We were sweaty/muddy but we had a great time. He brought us to Corkleshell beach after (preplanned) and we were ready for a drink.

Note: don't wear new sneakers you don't want to get full of mud or white shorts (Ya double DUH....learn from experience....haha)

David was great if you want a day of hiking. Javin gives you a bit of everything. Either trip you'll have a fantastic day!