Making Dining Reservations

Tee & Chilli

I had a similar question because as Platinum we get the two dinners comped and could not make reservations without paying. I was told by a PCC that they limit the number of reservations that can be made online before the cruise and she promised there would be openings on board. I hope she is correct.

Being able to make reservations online before boarding and the limiting the number of openings online does seem to create a perceived sense of limited supply and urgency that may not exist in reality. Also the various threads here may lead one to assume that the vast majority of people eat all their meals in the specialty restaurants, which I know is not true. Most of us have no problem with the MDRs, Blue Lagoon/OSheehans and the buffet for most days. The specialty restaurants are just that.

I had a similar question because as Platinum we get the two dinners comped and could not make reservations without paying. I was told by a PCC that they limit the number of reservations that can be made online before the cruise and she promised there would be openings on board. I hope she is correct.

Being able to make reservations online before boarding and the limiting the number of openings online does seem to create a perceived sense of limited supply and urgency that may not exist in reality. Also the various threads here may lead one to assume that the vast majority of people eat all their meals in the specialty restaurants, which I know is not true. Most of us have no problem with the MDRs, Blue Lagoon/OSheehans and the buffet for most days. The specialty restaurants are just that.

I see MANY MANY threads here about booking in advance.

I RARELY see threads about folks having trouble making reservations once onboard.

Over planners seem to create the urgency - or that is my take.

When I try to make a dining reservation online it asks for NCL credit credit or personal credit card. Can I not use my on-board credit?

Onboard credit is ON BOARD only, not pre-board. So no, you cannot use it until you are onboard.

I see MANY MANY threads here about booking in advance.

I RARELY see threads about folks having trouble making reservations once onboard.

Over planners seem to create the urgency - or that is my take.

My concept of freestyle dining with NCL, is NOT having to make reservations and just turn up to dine when you want to:)