Cruise Critic Community
ashvb

Amsterdam Restaurants & Cafes

Good Morning To One and All,

LoneStarCruisinCouple Here, Lisa and Gary

We had the pleasure of spending three days before our Cruise and Stayed at The Toren Hotel.

While we were there we did The Jewels River Dinner Cruise which for you guys is very Romantic and gets you lots of those Brownie Points which at my age is much needed sometimes 66. We also did an Indonesian Rice Table in itself is quite an experience and went To Tempo Doeloe a Michelin Star restaurant that has been booked solid every single night for the past 24 years. It is that GOOD. Went To Five Flies which is also Excellent and also has a lot of History and then we also did Vermeer which also is a Michelin Star restaurant and Oh my talk about an amazing experience and is very close to Central Station.

For Breakfast we ate a lot at The Pancake House just around the corner from our Hotel and talk about good and also if staying in the Jordann District try out Winkles which happens to be rated as the Best Apple Pie in all of Amsterdam, nothing like what we have here.

Oh if anyone happens to be going to the Anne Frank House The Toren not only Rated as The Best Hotel In Amsterdam by TripAdvisor but just around the corner from The House.

Hoping All Have a Great and Wonderful Time.

Fun City To Explore

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

Good Morning To One and All,

LoneStarCruisinCouple Here, Lisa and Gary

We had the pleasure of spending three days before our Cruise and Stayed at The Toren Hotel.

While we were there we did The Jewels River Dinner Cruise which for you guys is very Romantic and gets you lots of those Brownie Points which at my age is much needed sometimes 66. We also did an Indonesian Rice Table in itself is quite an experience and went To Tempo Doeloe a Michelin Star restaurant that has been booked solid every single night for the past 24 years. It is that GOOD. Went To Five Flies which is also Excellent and also has a lot of History and then we also did Vermeer which also is a Michelin Star restaurant and Oh my talk about an amazing experience and is very close to Central Station.

For Breakfast we ate a lot at The Pancake House just around the corner from our Hotel and talk about good and also if staying in the Jordann District try out Winkles which happens to be rated as the Best Apple Pie in all of Amsterdam, nothing like what we have here.

Oh if anyone happens to be going to the Anne Frank House The Toren not only Rated as The Best Hotel In Amsterdam by TripAdvisor but just around the corner from The House.

Hoping All Have a Great and Wonderful Time.

Fun City To Explore

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

We also stayed at The Toren and I can also recommend this hotel very highly. Great location! Fantastic staff! Lovely rooms!

We also did the Amsterdam Jewel dinner cruise and it was the highlight of our stay - in a stay that included a lot of highlights!

We thoroughly enjoyed the concert I mentioned above. We ate across from the Concertgebouw at the Brassiere Keyser where we had the best pommes frites aka French Fries we have ever had - and we ate them with mayo!

The Pancake Bakery was wonderful!

Hope this helps those of you who are visiting Amsterdam. We will be back after our Grand European Tour next fall!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have tickets to the Concertgebouw and we're looking for a place to eat near there. I've heard you can eat right in the concert hall, but they don't have much info or menus. Can anyone help with this?

And yes - I've tried the search function :rolleyes:

This link gives you information re meals in Concertgebouw: https://www.concertgebouw.nl/en/food-drink-hotels

Also Tripadvisor has a list of various restaurants near Concertgebouw. This link is in dutch, but I am sure on Tripadvisor you can get it in english too. https://www.tripadvisor.nl/RestaurantsNear-g188590-d189383-Concertgebouw-Amsterdam_North_Holland_Province.html

Restaurant Zest, also Loetje (know for their steaks), Ed''s (in case you like indonesian food) , Brasserie van Baerle are just a few of the ones mentioned.

This link gives you information re meals in Concertgebouw: https://www.concertgebouw.nl/en/food-drink-hotels

Also Tripadvisor has a list of various restaurants near Concertgebouw. This link is in dutch, but I am sure on Tripadvisor you can get it in english too. https://www.tripadvisor.nl/RestaurantsNear-g188590-d189383-Concertgebouw-Amsterdam_North_Holland_Province.html

Restaurant Zest, also Loetje (know for their steaks), Ed''s (in case you like indonesian food) , Brasserie van Baerle are just a few of the ones mentioned.

OId question, but thanks anyway. We ate at Brasserie Keyser right across from the Concertgebouw and it was very nice. Great pommes frites!

We will be back in Amsterdam next September and I can't wait to eat there again, and to take in a concert at your wonderful hall! We loved Amsterdam! :hearteyes:

We have tickets to the Concertgebouw and we're looking for a place to eat near there. I've heard you can eat right in the concert hall, but they don't have much info or menus. Can anyone help with this?

And yes - I've tried the search function :rolleyes:

We ate at a little place nearby, I think it was called Small Talk. Really good. We also had for 5 Euros per person drinks and dessert at the Concertgebouw booked in advance and waiting for us on a table with a sign with our name at the concert hall cafe. Cool.

We ate at a little place nearby, I think it was called Small Talk. Really good. We also had for 5 Euros per person drinks and dessert at the Concertgebouw booked in advance and waiting for us on a table with a sign with our name at the concert hall cafe. Cool.

How cool! I’ll have to check that out for the next time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has anyone tried Martine’s Table? It’s listed as no 1 on Trip Advisir? Love to hear what people think?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums