Any Recent Cutbacks?

knittinggirl

I looked through the last three pages of Princess threads to see complaints on cutbacks, and didn't see any. I know the boards can change fast.

On Royal, there always seems to be a cutback complaint thread.

For example, Royal no longer has newspapers, chocolates, and recently they've removed the dining room flowers, pen and paper, and food quality decrease.

Just wondering, any cutbacks on Princess.

Here is where I wish they would cutback- mail in my cabin mailbox. I still get numerous paper announcements daily. Princess could do more to save on paper.

Makes sense. Royal's started a major cutback. But I still had a drawer full of ads from an 8 day cruise. Most from Park West Art Auctions.

They stopped sending us paper reminder/invitations for our specialty dining. Really steams me up. Royal charged us on the first night for two of our three-night package, and we only got a voice mail for our the third that they hadn't charged.

I miss the daily New York Times news sheet, although I think it has been years since Princess had it. We did two HOlland America cruises recently and loved reading it. They have a stack of them by the passenger services desk and in the library so you just help yourself.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

As of last year, Princess no longer offers a Bridge game Director on any of its cruises. There used to be directed bridge games on cruises of longer lengths. We had duplicate bridge games on our 28 day cruise in 2012 on the sea days and thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon bridge games. For bridge players, this is a huge disappointment as other cruise lines still provide bridge directors on their cruises,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chocolate has been cut back? What? Where? Plenty of chocolate on my Royal T/A cruise in September, including the two chocolates every night.

Princess hasn't had a news sheet in years. Can't remember when. It was pretty useless when they did. I can get far more news on my iPhone on a cruise.

Edited by Pam in CA

I haven't seen a newspaper on any ship in years.

We had chocolate on our pillows in March, we had paper pad and pen on desk and our reminders for dinner were received on cards.

Chocolate is the new Princess treat in desserts coming soon.

Perhaps your steward needed reminders.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Why are we dwelling on things that have been cut back? What about the things that have been added over the past few years? For example, the International Cafe, the new Chocolate desserts, Alfredo's, Princess' new craft brew, etc.

Exactly......

Why are we dwelling on things that have been cut back? What about the things that have been added over the past few years? For example, the International Cafe, the new Chocolate desserts, Alfredo's, Princess' new craft brew, etc.

Now your talking! As a newbie to Princess, I am quite excited to experience some of these new things!

Yes, there have been changes on ALL cruise lines. I wonder if the issue is more about the fact that people struggle with any kind of change.

Chocolate has been cut back? What? Where? Plenty of chocolate on my Royal T/A cruise in September, including the two chocolates every night.

I think the OP was referring to Royal Caribbean cutbacks, not the Royal Princess.

These items however do not excite me, nor do they make up for what has gon missing over the past years.

john

Princess hasn't had a news sheet in years. Can't remember when. It was pretty useless when they did. I can get far more news on my iPhone on a cruise.

I mean Royal Caribbean. Doesn't Princess have a ship named Royal? Sorry, should have been more specific.

On Royal Caribbean, I've had to bring chocolates for years, and now we must bring our own pens and note paper. Need to know what to pack, because discovering it once onboard is a hassle. Especially when the first port day is on day 5.

The last two cruises, I even printed out our cruise calendar for posting on our cabin wall, since they no longer send/call with Specialty Dining Reminders.

Edited by knittinggirl

No one has mentioned the cutting of the 'entertainment' to half an hour, regardless of Princess saying that they are giving three shows a night.

I guess they have to do that, in part due to the impending r-pe of Island Princess, with no more Universe Lounge. That in itself IMO will be very very sad.

john

I looked through the last three pages of Princess threads to see complaints on cutbacks, and didn't see any. I know the boards can change fast.

On Royal, there always seems to be a cutback complaint thread.

For example, Royal no longer has newspapers, chocolates, and recently they've removed the dining room flowers, pen and paper, and food quality decrease.

Just wondering, any cutbacks on Princess.

Small cutbacks noticeable. For example, no more drawn butter for lobster..