Anyone getting married, just the bride and groom?

Ship: Carnival Valor

Wedding Date: February 5, 2006, in Port of Miami

Cruise Dates: Feb 5-12, 2006, to Western Caribbean

cruise booked and wedding booked, just the bride and groom package

Hi! I'm so excited to be a future cruise bride! I'm looking for other brides like me, who are opting to get married, with no guests, to have future receptions elsewhere--or any other brides who may want to say hi, give advice--I love having this common bond with other cruise brides, past and present.

I'm holding a PA reception (for my fiance's family) and one in TN (for my family), both in April. We were originally getting married in TN in April but recently changed our plans--too many logistical problems. Now we're getting married on a cruise, by ourselves--I'm THRILLED with this decision, though I've never been on a cruise--I'm a first timer.

The message boards here have been very helpful in calming my jitters--my wedding is not too far away. Excited to meet you guys!

Hi

That's how ours started out. However it snowballed. We are getting married on Voyager of the Seas and it started out with just one other couple we were sailing with and then we were going to have the reception when we got back. But after we thought about it we thought it would be less expensive to have a small reception on the ship for the people that are closest to us...and then it just kept growing so we are not having a reception when we get back we are doing everything on the ship. I am getting married October 2, 2005.

I'm sure it will be very romantic with just the 2 of you. The rest of my story is under the thread "this board is slow lately" if you want to read it.

Good Luck withyour plans and keep us up to date! :)

Hi and congrats on your wedding.

My finance and I are getting married on Princess Golden February 19th. No one is coming, and we are so excited. I only ever would want close family, and I've known too many instances where people just keep getting added. We've been together 7 years, and we just wanted to do this alone. It's so great. The cruise is booked and the wedding's paid for and we're done!

We are having a catholic convalidation the weekend after we get back with just are parents. Then on Saturday a big drink and desert party for our friends. So we're really having 3 celebrations instead of one. I can't wait. Good luck to you!:)

Hello

Congratulations on you upcoming wedding. My fiance and I are doing just the bride and groom package on the Liberty in March in the port of Ft Lauderdale. We started to plan a regular wedding and just got overwhelmed with everything so we thought about doing it this way. A few people are coming with us but we plan to have receptions when we get back (1 in maine for his family and 1 in Mass for mine). Neither of us was interested in having a big wedding and we both love to cruise (We got engaged on the voyager of the seas last February) so we figured this was perfect. I am very excited about the wedding and also about not having to stress over little details that I would have had to had we done it any other way.

Best of luck

Kelly

Hello

Congratulations on you upcoming wedding. My fiance and I are doing just the bride and groom package on the Liberty in March in the port of Ft Lauderdale. We started to plan a regular wedding and just got overwhelmed with everything so we thought about doing it this way. A few people are coming with us but we plan to have receptions when we get back (1 in maine for his family and 1 in Mass for mine). Neither of us was interested in having a big wedding and we both love to cruise (We got engaged on the voyager of the seas last February) so we figured this was perfect. I am very excited about the wedding and also about not having to stress over little details that I would have had to had we done it any other way.

Best of luck

Kelly

Congratulations to all of you. We're going on the Liberty in April (27 days in total - Transatlantic and Mediterranean) and getting married when we get back. Unless... we seize the moment and just get married on the ship. No matter what you do or where you are or how many people come, it'll be special because it'll be you and your groom ..Have a great time!

Felice.:)

• 2 weeks later...
let me know how the liberty ship wedding was - we are also getting on the liberty on april 22, 2007 in ft lauderdale. How how the planning been so far with carnival. They couldn't give me too much info they said because the ship hasn't been over here yet.

Did you mean 2007 or 2006? We're on the Liberty, going Transatlantic, on 4/23/06 and then switching from an inside cabin to a balcony for the Med cruise from 5/7-5/19. I can't believe we're doing it - but we're doing it!!!

My best friend is on the ship right now, for the Med cruise, and from what I've heard, the ship is terrific. There are a few kinks to iron out, as with any new ship, but every review I've read is positive.

We also used "A Wedding for You" but we married at the Caribe Hilton in San Juan. We were by ourselves and then had our honeymoon on the Adventure of the Seas. Everything was wonderful and even nicer than I imagined. We were so glad we did it this way. Then we had a small family reception when we got home.

My husband and I were married in st. Thomas at Bluebirds CAstle in July 6, 1991.

It was unusual in those days to have "Weddingmoons.." It was perfect. WE handled the arrangements with the hotel and Marriage liscense bureau... the doorman was our maid of honor, best man and picture taker. a couple staying at the hotel celebrating thier 35th wedding anniversary were our "Guests."

It was wonderful...5 years later our best friends followed our lead and got married at the same spot. We have gone back on cruises every 5 years.

The day was so special and personal for us. wE concentrated just on each other. We have been happy ever after and plan to celebrate our 15th anniversary on a cruse with our kids.

Yes! It is very exciting to get married while on a cruise, no matter how you do it. I just don't personally know anyone who's "eloped" on a cruise before; I think it'll be a little strange at first, not having my family or bridesmaids to help me to get ready, but overall, I do think it will be all the more romantic and DEFINATELY more stress free!:p

Archived