Thomson Celebration - cabin 001 deck 9

Hi

My boyfriend and I are travelling for a week on the Thomson Celebration in December doing the Tropical Delights itinerary of the Carribbean. This is our first cruise! We've reserved a deluxe cabin on deck 9 number 001. Has anyone stayed in this cabin?! Would be grateful for any comments (good or bad!). We're in our early thirties - we won't be in the minority will we?!

Hi TravelBugs,

Welcome to Cruise Critic :)

Our first cruise was on the Celebration, cabin 21, lovely and roomy. Since then they have added a balcony, so even nicer. Very handy for Horizons bar for a nightcap :)

There's usually all ages on Thomson ships and everyone is so friendly. I hope you enjoy your first cruise and I bet you will be getting those brochures out as soon as you get hope to book another.

Any questions just ask, we are very friendly on here :D

Aww great thanks!! Yes really excited not long to go now!! I'm sure we'll have loads of questions before we set off especially about packing! But I think there's a thread on here that gives loads of info for first time cruisers so will have a look at that too! :)

Hi.

You will love it.

No pics of the celebration deluxe cabins but these are of the spirit which is the sister ship, same layout but not quite as plush as the celebration. I would think cabin 005 might be similar to your booked one.

https://joeholiday2.shutterfly.com/pictures/2000

Have a mooch around the rest of the website to get the feel of the ships and the Caribbean.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

Hi Travelbugz.

Someone has just posted a picture of the balcony on the FB group called thomsoncurises.

Looking at the plans 005 is more square than 001, you will be comfy in there, they are quite a bit bigger than the standard size cabins, and more like the picture of 106 but with a balcony and the bed along the side wall I would think.

Joe.

Edited by joeholiday2

Sure you will love the Celebration - we certainly do. Prior to balconies being added we always chose Deck 9. The balconies are overlooked from sun deck above, or they did in July the last time we sailed on her. Very friendly ship, great staff - ok its not the grandest ship afloat but we really like this ship

Loads of space in Deck 9 cabins with lots of storage space.

Enjoy

• 4 years later...

All the cabins on deck 9 are the same and very roomy, and more important very close to  Horizon Bar for a nice quiet drink, also there is now a lovely sun deck on this deck, but get your Sunbed early.