Good table for dinner in main dining room

Granny pants

Well, what do you consider a good table? I consider a good table is any one I happen to be sitting at.;)

That's sort of how I feel as well. As long as I'm seated in MDR on a Princess cruise I'm pretty happy. I'm sure that some tables - near a window for instance - would be "better" than others but I just want to be cruising.

Planning of the table seating is done before passengers board so it is unlikely you would be able to change your table to a more desirable one. All the other tables will have been allocated. If you don't like your allocation for whatever reason, you can ask the Maitre d' for a change, but he can only do that if there is something else available.

I always think the Maitre d' has a terrible job - trying to juggle everything and please everyone. :)

A good dining table is about 90% those you dine with and 10% location. Now, if you plan to dine at a table for two, during the afternoon of boarding visit the dining room. Many Princess ships have tables for two that are no more than multiple tables separated by 12 inches or so. I'm not exactly certain how the DR's on the Coral are configured. Ask to see them. I would not go the route of a bribe (or an up front tip) to the Maitre 'd, but if I did get what I liked I would tip at the end of the cruise. You always have the option to switch to Anytime Dining.

We prefer DW and I, a window table and going to see the Maitre'd on the first day to make any changes as need because most won't make changes until they discover what they didn't like too late. On our Med Cruise we had 6 really wonderful table mates and had a blast. The contest was to see who could get seated first to get the view you wanted.

Well, what do you consider a good table? I consider a good table is any one I happen to be sitting at.;)
Exactly. Some people like a table at a window but to be honest, if it's dark out, it doesn't make a lick of difference. Some people prefer a table near the entrance, others towards the back. IMHO, like Treven, the "best" table is the one I'm sitting at.

That's one reason why we like any time dining. If you do it right, you get to eat all over the dining room.

We like to lake longer cruises (at least 10 days, preferably 2 weeks). During that time the head waiters get to know us. We are always will (happy) to share a table. They know this and will put us in different areas in the dining room each night. The view changes, the people change and ship goes on. What could be better.:)

Is it fate or coincidence that the table you are seated at you are seated at for a reason? Never fails,... we end up with a 'not so good' table but find the BEST people to be around and talk to. Makes you wonder WHY you were seated where you were seated. I love it....just leave it to chance for some of the best experiences! :):)

"Good table" defined as not by a high traffic

area.

In my experience, due to the distribution of waiters' stations throughout the MDR, virtually any table is in a "high traffic area," though clearly the farther back toward the kitchen you are, the smaller the number of passengers who come by, the greater the number of waiters.

Now if I were at a land-based restaurant, as long as the table was NOT by the entrance to the bathroom(s), I'd consider it a good table.:). But I'm really not picky about the location of a table. As been posted, as long as I'm sitting at a table on a cruise ship, I'm pretty satisfied.

Edited by Treven

Now if I were at a land-based restaurant, as long as the table was NOT by the entrance to the bathroom(s), I'd consider it a good table.:).

Since most tables in Princess dining rooms are a good five-minute hike away from the nearest toilet, that's not a consideration here. :o