leaving Friday... "christmas ball" on Merry Time Cruise? Help!

Matt&Heather

Just saw this today. Can't for the life of me figure out what sort of attire they mean by "festive." Not sure I can scrape up another night of formal for the family with four days left until we leave for the Fantasy this weekend, but that's what I think of when someone says "ball."

Thanks in advance for your help. I tried searching this forum for "christmas ball" and had no matches.

Just saw this today. Can't for the life of me figure out what sort of attire they mean by "festive." Not sure I can scrape up another night of formal for the family with four days left until we leave for the Fantasy this weekend, but that's what I think of when someone says "ball."

Thanks in advance for your help. I tried searching this forum for "christmas ball" and had no matches.

I interpret it as something you'd wear to a Christmas party. Christmas-y themed, not necessarily formal.

If it were me, I'd go with a black skirt/pants and a red, white, or green blouse.

I'd probably just put cute Christmas-y t-shirts on my kids (depending on the ages).

I am really hopeful. I was going to bring a pretty christmas tunic and wear it with leggings. We went out and about to make sure we had the "regularly scheduled" formal and semi formal covered and that took a wee bit of planning for the kiddos. I can manage festive, but the "ball" part had me concerned.

Where did you see this? We'll be on the Fantasy this weekend, as well. I (thus far) have not packed anything festive.

bill

-----------------------------------------

Disney Fantasy - November '14

Disney Magic - November '13

Coral Princess - August '09

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - May '08

Holland America Oosterdam - March '06

Carnival Fantasy - March '99