blacklabcaleb

Weight Loss Diet Program?

Are there still any cruises or cruise groups for people who want to lose a few pounds? I know that there are lots of fitness themes and I enjoy the exercise opportunities. It's the diet that is a problem. I don't think that I can trust myself around all the temptations. There used to be some programs a few years ago, but I have been looking and can't find any now.

Maybe if I had a group I was going with, but on my own I know I can't resist for seven whole days. I need some kind of separate dining. Or a group to travel with that can keep each other accountable.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I am not aware of any groups that sponsor cruises related to diet and weight loss. It's a good idea though.

Some cruise lines have programs on board so that might be something to check out.

Keith

You may want to consider a cruise on Celebrity in an Aqua Class Stateroom. You'll have access to Blu which gives you healthier dining options. There is also the Aqua Spa café for breakfast and lunch with healthier dining options.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You aren't going to go to thwart weight loss progress in one week. I try to eat healthy and exercise at home. But when i'm on vacation, i'm on vacation!

Last cruise, I gained 4 pounds - must have been all the pina coladas :D I ate what I wanted and drank what I wanted and I enjoyed my cruise.

Returned to normal eating and exercise when I returned and the extra pounds were gone within the week.

Are there still any cruises or cruise groups for people who want to lose a few pounds? I know that there are lots of fitness themes and I enjoy the exercise opportunities. It's the diet that is a problem. I don't think that I can trust myself around all the temptations. There used to be some programs a few years ago, but I have been looking and can't find any now.

Maybe if I had a group I was going with, but on my own I know I can't resist for seven whole days. I need some kind of separate dining. Or a group to travel with that can keep each other accountable.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Some ideas: You might check the roll calls for the cruises you are considering and see if you can find a partner(s) to plan and meet for meals. Alternatively, although more expensive, would be to connect via internet with your support at home to discuss each day's meal plans. I follow a plant based diet and received a lot of assistance from the dining room supervisor in planning my meals on the Getaway.