How many Crown and Anchor points do you have?

Only 8:( But I was happy to know that our 2005 cruise on RCCL was still in their records so when we recently joined C&A (didn't know about it back then), we were able to start out with points from that cruise of 9 years ago. With our upcoming Oasis cruise in a JS we'll each be able to add 14 points so slowly, but surely...

Currently at 419, all as a single. If they had been giving double points for single supplements all along I'd be Pinnacle by now. I'll be around 500 by the end of next year and at the current pace (as long as they keep the single supplement double points) get to Pinnacle in about five more years.

Just curious, how are you getting the 5 bonus points?

RCI was having a Great promotion the month of October. Book any cruise and buy plane tickets through Choice Air. It was BOGO 50% off, 5% off plane tickets and if you are a current C&A member they gave you 5 extra points. We booked two trips during the sale and now will receive 10 bonus points free for both DH and I. It was a fantastic sale.

"Half of a DINK and proud of it!."😜

Edited by frenchcanrican

We have only one more point to go for D+. Although we will qualify after the first night, our understanding is they don't recognize the new status until the next cruise?

Correct. The only level they recognize on the cruise you actually earn the points is Pinnacle.

Actually I think one only needs be Diamond status to get Elite benefits with Celebrity. The extra "+" gets you nothing extra with Celebrity.

Unless you meant folks want to reach D+ status and get that under their belt before trying different lines.

Enjoy

M

Yes, you only have to be D to get Elite, but decided we'd hit D+ before they adjust the levels again. :rolleyes:

At 102 points right now with 2 cruises coming up, that will get us to 113 by in early 2015.

My question is: What perk/s are you looking forward to when you get to attain your future level/s?

For me, when we get to D+, I will be very happy with the additional perk of the special seating area poolside (on ships that have it) and in the theater for C&A D+ and above members.

My question is: What perk/s are you looking forward to when you get to attain your future level/s?

It will take me years to reach D+ but I look forward to the different ships behind the scenes tours offered for D+ as well as reserved seating for shows.

We're at 74 now and after the oasis in feb will be at 81 and diamond!!!

Accumulating points is OK, but what perk are you expecting to enjoy as you reach higher levels?

I certainly have enjoyed all of the cruises we have taken, and like getting 'perks/bonuses' as we do it. The Diamond lounge is nice; now that 3 drinks will be loaded on sea pass cards, it may make the lounge less used by some....to be enjoyed by others more....who knows.

I certainly did enjoy the Diamond lounge on Allure this past summer.

Accumulating points is OK, but what perk are you expecting to enjoy as you reach higher levels?

I certainly have enjoyed all of the cruises we have taken, and like getting 'perks/bonuses' as we do it. The Diamond lounge is nice; now that 3 drinks will be loaded on sea pass cards, it may make the lounge less used by some....to be enjoyed by others more....who knows.

I certainly did enjoy the Diamond lounge on Allure this past summer.

Best perk for Diamond is a virtual doubling of the balcony discount.:)

I value what you say a great deal....so please clarify what you mean by 'virtual doubling of balcony discount'.

Maybe you and I are not interpreting 'virtual' the same way.

For a 7 day cruise, the Emerald balcony discount is $125, for Diamond it's $225. Almost (virtually) double. For bookings less than 6mo in advance, the difference is $100 to $200, which is double.

For a 7 day cruise, the Emerald balcony discount is $125, for Diamond it's $225. Almost (virtually) double. For bookings less than 6mo in advance, the difference is $100 to $200, which is double.

Yes, indeed.....I was thinking of the term 'virtual' (not as in almost) but as they use the term on Royal where in some cabins you now have a 'virtual' balcony, not an 'actual' balcony, to give you the feeling of it, without having one.

We currently have 360. By the end of the year it will be 381. By mid-year 2015 it will be 393.

I have no expectation of reaching Pinnacle, but I must say the 340 and 350 point marks have been nice:

Double points for single occupancy, which we are doing on our family cruise. I booked myself in the single cabin instead of my oldest son.

Bathroom amenities

Extra bonus gift: hubby is getting 2 six-packs of Diet Coke, and I'm getting 6 bottles of Pelligrino on each cruise now.

Not huge things, but they do add a few extras as you go along.

...Extra bonus gift: hubby is getting 2 six-packs of Diet Coke, and I'm getting 6 bottles of Pelligrino on each cruise now....

Are you each getting 2 D+ amenity gifts, even if you are booked in the same stateroom?