Tendering

Jkcyoung

Sailing Liberty of the Seas 11/22, doing cavetubing with.bz. Can anyone tell me what to expect tendering to Belize. What time can we expect to get off the ship? And what is the process? I have read things about tickets? Huge lines/waits? Confused...help please😊Thanks!

If you book through Carnival on any excursion, you will get priority getting on a tender.

If you book independently, then they tell you to go to pick up a tender ticket. On our cruise a few weeks ago, people were told to go to the MDR for the tickets. I do not know how long their wait was.

IMHO, Belize is one port I would want to book through the ship. We did a snorkel boat that picked us up at our ship (no need to tender to shore) and it returned us to the ship. Once we got back, showered and changed, we went down and took an afternoon tender to shore. It wasn't long, but returning was bad. We had to stand in pouring rain for 30 minutes waiting for a tender boat. There were hundreds standing in line! We didn't enjoy that at all. Keep that in mind!!! If you don't book through Carnival, you need to make sure you are back to the tender station on land at least an hour before sail time. We watched from our balcony the stream of tenders coming back to the ship before we sailed. Yes, there were plenty of them... but that would have been very nervewracking for me!

Ugg, we were on the Liberty last week and it was a nightmare. It's INSANE that they sail such a large ship to tender ports. As the PP has mentioned, ship tours go first. You will need to line up for a tender ticket. My DH got ours 10 minutes after they opened and we were given #33. Tender #1 left at 8:20. It was after noon by the time we made it to the pier. :(

I'd almost recommend booking through the ship except that the private operators are so much cheaper and have excellent reviews. We used cavetubing.bz (Viatlino Reyes) and were blown away by how well they treated us. We couldn't believe they waited for us but there they were when we finally disembarked. E-mail Vitalino and let him know you might be late.

Edited by ronandannette

I purchased the faster to fun priority does that make tender quicker if I dont purchase a tour through Carnival? The tour times state they start at around 10am if not tendering til noon, If I get late tender, there is not much chance in making a tour then!