Crystal Blocks

I reached 140 pts on my last cruise this past summer and had no idea about the blocks and did not receive it on board (according to C&A they are supposed to be delivered to your cabin during your milestone cruise).

After hearing about them on CC, I called C&A and was mailed one in a few weeks.

Here's the fine print from the C&A Member Benefits notes:

4 A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter.

Karen

Edited by karen s

19 was converted to 146.

That's how many of us lost out at 140. First it was 1 credit short, then it was 6 points over.

I agree that the conversion of C&A member's credits to points used a different formula.

I was referring to the general relationship between 1 cruise credit being equivalent to 7 cruise points. That's what Royal used when they converted the milestone levels from cruise credits to points.

Edited by clarea

19 was converted to 146.

That's how many of us lost out at 140. First it was 1 credit short, then it was 6 points over.

:confused: I may be off a little, but your signature indicates around 11 or 12 cruises prior to conversion. Not 19

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I reached 140 pts on my last cruise this past summer and had no idea about the blocks and did not receive it on board (according to C&A they are supposed to be delivered to your cabin during your milestone cruise).

I had this same experience.... I reached 140 during my Radiance cruise but didn't get a block while others did during a top tier event. I thought like Diamond benefits that maybe you received your block on the next cruise once the points register in Miami head office. I didn't say a thing and let it ride. On the next cruise on Oasis, without saying anything to anyone. I received my block of the Oasis during the first tier event they held :D

My upcoming cruise I will hit 210... I ain't waitin' 'til I get home! Mario or Reyno, pls have my Quantum block ready for me... pretty please :p

Not originally. We did a 14 day Panama Canal cruise in 1999 & only received 1 cruise credit. :(

Correct, the extra point for longer cruises was added in 2003, and the extra credit for JS or better was added in 2004.

Correct, the extra point for longer cruises was added in 2003, and the extra credit for JS or better was added in 2004.

...and a further extra point was added for solo cruisers who paid the 200% single supplement as of 2011 or 2012, regardless of the cabin booked.

:D

...and a further extra point was added for solo cruisers who paid the 200% single supplement as of 2011 or 2012, regardless of the cabin booked.

It is not necessary to be paying 200% to receive the extra point per night. And it began on October 3, 2013. :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

And an extra credit/point per night for Diamond and above C&A members who cruised in December 2010, 2011, and 2012.

I will get my third crystal block in Dec. when I reach 210 points. I will go to the C&A desk to let them know because I am doing a B2B2B. The first 2 will be on the Majesty and the last one on the Enchantment.

On the last sailing of the Monarch, they gave us a crystal block.

Our first cruise as Platinum and a "top tier event" is an amenity. what does this entail? Thank you

Very similar to the standard repeater's party. Some ships will do something special. I remember on Voyager, they had a short ice show for the top tier event.

We are at 426 points, have only recieved 1 crystal block. Starting to feel unloved.:(

I would too!! Give RC a call and get what you're entitled to getting. Tip: ask them to mail them to you, they weigh 5 pounds each!, that would be an extra 20 pounds in your suitcase :eek:

Thank you for the info, clarea! Assume we receive this info in our cabin as an invite? There are a lot of very knowledgeable RCCL posters on this Forum!

Very similar to the standard repeater's party. Some ships will do something special. I remember on Voyager, they had a short ice show for the top tier event.

Thank you for the info, clarea! Assume we receive this info in our cabin as an invite? There are a lot of very knowledgeable RCCL posters on this Forum!

Yes, you will get an invitation in your stateroom.

About day 2 or 3 of your cruise, don't be shy to go to the Loyalty Ambassador and ask if you're on the list to receive your crystal block. The LA can look it up and verify if your name is there.

If not, it's easier to get it corrected at that point than on the last day.

I love my blocks.

That's why I always recommend seeing the Loyalty Ambassador when you are on a milestone cruise. For whatever reason, sometimes they miss a guest's milestone cruise.

We were recently on a B2B on Vision and were due to get our first block on the second cruise so I went to the LA as you suggested. He said we weren't on the list but he would check into it. Apparently he forgot, as did we, because we came home without a block and were just reminded of it by this thread. Time for a call to C&A.

We were recently on a B2B on Vision and were due to get our first block on the second cruise so I went to the LA as you suggested. He said we weren't on the list but he would check into it. Apparently he forgot, as did we, because we came home without a block and were just reminded of it by this thread. Time for a call to C&A.

I've got the same issue coming up. I'm due for a block on the second cruise of a B2B. I'm not expecting anything again.

I called C&A yesterday and our block is on the way. I was on hold a long time while the lady checked to make sure we really didn't receive the block. When she returned she said the ship ran out of the blocks while we were onboard.