Elite laundry service on Alaskan cruise

Kinkacruiser

On our 6 day Pacific Princess cruise next May, there is only 1 sea day and the other 5 days are either in port of scenic cruising in the glacier parks.I read somewhere that the laundry is not open on port days or when cruising in the Glacial parks.

Does that mean there will only be 1 day where there is a laundry service for elites? What's the situation with the laundromat re days it's open?

Thanks in advance.

Not doubting you, but I've never seen anything about no laundry on port days or while scenic cruising. We're also going on a 7-day southbound in May, so I'm curious about this too.

I've done the search on the Alaskan thread and those who board in Whittaker were able to use the laundromat after their land tour. Water shortage and environment concerns look to be the main reasons for closing the laundromats.

If the passenger laundromats are closed, what happens to elite passengers laundry?

I've done the search on the Alaskan thread and those who board in Whittaker were able to use the laundromat after their land tour. Water shortage and environment concerns look to be the main reasons for closing the laundromats.

If the passenger laundromats are closed, what happens to elite passengers laundry?

Are you saying there is less water available on an Alaskan cruise than a Caribbean cruise????

Also environmental issues are concerns only on Alaskan cruises also?????

Im an Elite circle member and the only problem ive ever had with laundry is aboard the Royal recently. Laundry took 3 plus days to return.....A week later on the CB laundry was returned in 24 hours.

Certain areas of Alaska (for example Glacier Bay) as well as the ports themselves do not allow discharge of the "grey water" that is partially from laundry use.

If the ship's capacity to store the "grey water" is not sufficient, then laundry services are stopped until the tanks can be legally emptied.

I realize we had more sea days than you will, but we didn't have a problem with Elite laundry on the Island last June. Left from Whittier, southbound to YVR. In fact, it was quicker than usual. I guess it was due to fewer Elites on the ship. We were also able to use the laundry room on a port day.

Are you saying there is less water available on an Alaskan cruise than a Caribbean cruise????

Im an Elite circle member and the only problem ive ever had with laundry is aboard the Royal recently. Laundry took 3 plus days to return.....A week later on the CB laundry was returned in 24 hours.

I was only summorizing what I read from an Alaskan search I did re laundry, so I cannot answer your questions. From the replies here it looks like there should be no problems, in fact the laundry service may even be a faster if there not so many elites onboard.Thanks everyone :).

We were in a suite for our last Alaska cruise. We turned over laundry daily. Somedays it came back in the evening. Sometimes, it took 2 days to come back. They will take your laundry at your request. You just have to manage your expectations on how quickly it will come back to you .:)

I was only summorizing what I read from an Alaskan search I did re laundry, so I cannot answer your questions. From the replies here it looks like there should be no problems, in fact the laundry service may even be a faster if there not so many elites onboard.Thanks everyone :).

Ive been on a cpl of NY to fla repos where 25%-800 plus- of the ship was Elite and no problems with Elite Laundry-returned in 24 hours ....yet last month on the Royal with a stated 551 Elite members laundry was held for 3 plus days.

I think Princess is looking for a way to change the laundry perk, to bring it more in line with other cruise companies. If we buy into the notion of there being too many Elites and go quietly when the benefits are reduced--the company wins.

Ive been on 26 different Princess cruises and have never heard an announcement of no laundromats or laundry service due to full tanks of grey water. But I cruise again in January, February and Alaska in May.....Maybe then.