CSI: NA Reloaded (Nieuw Amsterdam 11/30 to 12/14/14)

POA1

Yes, the Dive-In is open on embarkation day. The hours were 11:30 AM - 2:45 PM and 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM. The break in service coincides with the lifeboat muster drill.

You can get into your cabana right away. When you get to your room, there will be a card waiting for you that tells you which cabana has been assigned to you. In fact, all the photos for "Poohby Joe's Guide to Cabana Living" were taken on turnaround day at the start of our second week, before any of the new, embarking passengers got on board. After we did our through passenger thing in the show lounge, we headed back to the room, changed, grabbed the camera, took the little guy by the hand, and high-tailed it up to Deck 11 forward and Palma de Mallorca / Mr. SAИDERƧ in the the Cabana Club.

lounging-poohby-joe-sm.jpg

We really didn't want the people around us to see us with a small, cuddly, and loveable stuffed bear. We were worried that they might think we were strange. So we shot the pix with stealth and quickness. (Of course, we posted the photos on the interwebs, where thousands of people could see them. But we figured y'all already knew we weren't quite right.) Also, the bear didn't want to spend his valuable vacation time signing autographs and posing for pictures with fans. :cool:

Btw, do you have a permit for Joe? ;)

Btw, do you have a permit for Joe? ;)

He doesn't need a permit. He's that "3rd or 4th passenger" who sails free. You know, the promo that the average couple or solo traveler never gets to use.

• 4 months later...
There are always questions about turnaround day at Port Everglades, when your first 7 day segment ends and your second week is about to begin. I know we had questions, and if you're doing a back to back or Collector's Cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, this might help.

A few days before your sailing ends, you should receive an envelope that contains your in-transit passes as well as written instructions about what to do on the day you return to Port Everglades.

Our dear friend, Poohby Joe (who guards our wine when we're out and about) is shown here, holding our in-transit cards.*

Turnaround-2.jpg

*I know someone's going to ask the question, so here's the answer. Poohby's in-transit card is very small and it's in his pocket. He has to report to a different room for immigration purposes. Huskerchick and I are American citizens, while Poohby Joe is a citizen of the Hundred Acre Wood. As such, he holds a UK passport.

Speaking of locations for immigration -- Here's a link to a scan of the procedure. We're staying on the ship, so we don't have to get off. This is a but different than I've seen reported here before. Bear in mind that the process could change as it is subject to modification by the US authorities.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AFg14MS4uZ1MV5tgQME559W2U8j8rlE35YE/

What a wonderful thread this is!:) Thanks so much for letting us all share your cruise... On our last B2B we had to disembark in FTL & wait until an inspection was done.. Understand, this happens when the ship first gets into Fort Lauderdale from Europe..

Hello ,my name is Denise and I'm a POA1oholic.

Thank you for your wonderful reports !...and thanks to Huskerchick for allowing her husband to spend his time keeping us amused and enthralled!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I second your post.. I too am of fan of POA..He's always been a helpful & very nice gentleman! Also love his & Huskerchick's Poohby Joe.. I thought I was the only nutty poster who loves teddy bears.. Have a little Blonde "Steiff" 9 inch Teddy with the HAL logo on his paw named "Rembrandt".. (once had a Siamese cat named Rembrandt) HAL gave two of them to us on our Prinsendam Cruise.. They came with their own suitcases.. We kept one & gave the other one to our Granddaughter.. Maybe someday I'll take ours back on HAL again.. Perhaps I could find a him a T-shirt like the one Poohby has when we are in Key West..