Quantum December 1-12, 2014

loupana

Lou,

Thanks for the photos and info. Is there a promenade deck (usually deck 5?) with a covered walkway that circles all or most of the ship?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes you can walk out on Deck 5, limited views with life boats but there are places to look out and sit. Jamie's Italian has a covered seating area out there on port side and there is a covered smoking area on Starboard side.

Yes you can walk out on Deck 5, limited views with life boats but there are places to look out and sit. Jamie's Italian has a covered seating area out there on port side and there is a covered smoking area on Starboard side.

To answer the question better, it is not covered on deck 5 and you cannot walk all the way around forward or aft.

Thanks for taking up your vacation time to answer questions ...

I usually bring 1/2 a dozen neck ties and several belts with me. Do the closets still have an area to hang them on??

thx....gc

I thought the dresser was in a great spot to be honest. You get on the bed go to sleep, read a book, whatever.:)

Really? It appears to butt right up to the mattress, making it difficult to get around. I would put my book and whatnot on the small side tables, not the dresser by my feet. I would worry about bumping the corners when twisting to get around the dresser. Regardless, the OP says that this is not an issue.

Hi again, Lou.

A quick question, since you keep eating at Jamie's for lunch - how have the lines been? Earlier reviews reported it was often sold out for lunch and people couldn't get in, but I'm wondering if it's better on a longer cruise. I don't have dinner reservations there and am hoping to get in for lunch on an 8-nigher in january.

Also, are the american icon desserts all available for lunch as well as dinner? I'm trying to figure out how i'm going to fit them all in. :D

Thanks! Your review and pictures are fabulous.

Thanks for taking up your vacation time to answer questions ...

I usually bring 1/2 a dozen neck ties and several belts with me. Do the closets still have an area to hang them on??

thx....gc

We only have one wardrobe closet because we have an inside cabin, others may have more storage but we do have a couple of hooks inside the closet doors it might be able to accommodate you ties and belts...

Hi again, Lou.

A quick question, since you keep eating at Jamie's for lunch - how have the lines been? Earlier reviews reported it was often sold out for lunch and people couldn't get in, but I'm wondering if it's better on a longer cruise. I don't have dinner reservations there and am hoping to get in for lunch on an 8-nigher in january.

Also, are the american icon desserts all available for lunch as well as dinner? I'm trying to figure out how i'm going to fit them all in. :D

Thanks! Your review and pictures are fabulous.

Jamie's has not been full at lunch, always tables available, we may go back on the last day.

I'll report back on American Icon Grill Desserts tomorrow I plan on having lunch there.

Tonights dinner was not the greatest but the server was wonderful. She is really getting dumped on by the longtime (older) cruisers who hate making reservations. I really feel for the serving staff they seem to be the target of the haters to vent their frustrations.

I had the Beef Salad, would not recommend it. I just wanted to try something different. I don't think many people like this salad, the first thing the server said to me was I can get you something else if you don't like it before I even took a bite. Wings were very tasty, short ribs were chewy but tasty. Wife liked her dish, but they ran out of Bass so they replace it with Cod.

15800445820_a9b16b9837_c.jpg

Szechuan Pork Short Ribs

15365457344_f7fe3259c7_c.jpg

Thai Fried Chicken Wings

15368088353_a62b81fa83_c.jpg

Crispy Vietnamese Bass (They ran out of the Bass so replaced it with Cod, wife enjoyed it)

15987037202_7d9f5a3321_c.jpg

Thai Beef Salad

15801973857_33b204f7fe_c.jpg

Indian Pudding

15961938256_ff113cf176_c.jpg

Chocolate Lychee Tart

We saw Sonic Odyssey tonight, wow what an amazing show. This guy invents Musical instruments (such as the "Earth Harp", the "Drum Suit", "Drumbrellas", "Drum Wall" a bizarre looking triple neck guitar...) Here are a couple of pics

15365600244_2d0fc7cb45_c.jpg

15368232233_1ba60be6ef_c.jpg

15368231073_9e64339c04_c.jpg

15801848809_5a516030d0_c.jpg

15800581730_a9fe272dd3_c.jpg

Thanks for posting the updated AI breakfast menu. Happy to see the missing Eggs Benedict from the TA back on the menu and in print.

Have you noticed if they started changing out the far aft section of the WJ by the outdoor area with various options? I thought they might start to vary it more on longer sailings.

On the TA it was just Omelets, then Fajitas, then Omelets every day and was open non-stop from early morning until the night buffet opened in the middle of WJ. They did have a nice assortment of fresh fruit all day as well. This was a nice option for those 'popping down' from the sports deck on the aft stairs from deck 15.

Thanks for posting the updated AI breakfast menu. Happy to see the missing Eggs Benedict from the TA back on the menu and in print.

Have you noticed if they started changing out the far aft section of the WJ by the outdoor area with various options? I thought they might start to vary it more on longer sailings.

On the TA it was just Omelets, then Fajitas, then Omelets every day and was open non-stop from early morning until the night buffet opened in the middle of WJ. They did have a nice assortment of fresh fruit all day as well. This was a nice option for those 'popping down' from the sports deck on the aft stairs from deck 15.

Haven't noticed much different with the back of the Windjammer, still see them making eggs, fajitas, crepe's and such throughout the day.

Very beautiful pictures. Is the guy at Sonic Odyssey the same guy from Americas Got Talent who introduced his talent using the Earth Harp?

Yes it is the same guy, William Close. He is onboard performing for the first month and has someone working with him now that will take over the show when he leaves.

Before I get to lunch at the American Icon Grill, let me just say the crew and officers onboard this ship have a lot more patience than I have. The questions at the "Captains Corner" event I just came back from were ridiculous.

VERY IMPORTANT: Lunch Dessert menu is the same as dinner, which means I can get my warm skillet cookie for lunch

15990194981_46665e1b53_c.jpg

American Icon Dessert Menu

15992073765_1999160b1f_c.jpg

Lunch Menu at American Icon Grill

15991405172_811b305b8b_c.jpg

They did not have the Chicken Wings so they gave DW chicken strips with the wing sauce. They were really good

15372452423_8769b7d043_c.jpg

Grilled Shrimp Heartland Salad

15992071515_1f538bffa7_c.jpg

Philly Cheese Steak