Pirate Night

Mbrthelegend

Is there a place to watch the fireworks and avoid the crowd? Can you see it from the aft decks? Is there a restaurant with a good view? Our "tween" kid could care less about the show but I would enjoy the fireworks.

Which ship are you asking about? Generally, you can see the fireworks from the forward area (over the adult pool area), but you can't really hear the accompanying music.

The aft areas are generally closed off as most of the fireworks are fired from there.

I don't believe any of the restaurants would have a view as they are all aft and much lower on the ship. Maybe Palo on the Dream class ships, but I'm not certain that they are open that late.

Any advice for a spot on the wonder?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Forums mobile app

My personal favorite spot on the Wonder (well, the Magic, also) is on deck 10 port side. You can either be on the inside rail to watch the show beforehand, or just come up toward the end of the show and stand toward the outer rail.

Or for the Fantasy?

Actually, the same spot on the Dream is on the Fantasy - starboard side of ship near Currents.

Port side? The fireworks go off from starboard. If you just want the show and don't care about the party in the sky' date=' port would work fine. I've never tried to watch the fireworks from port though--don't know how that would be.[/quote']

Yes, port side. On the classic ships. The fireworks are fired from the starboard side (near Palo) outward, forward and up. I like to be on the inside rail midship, deck 10, portside. That way I can watch both the show and the fireworks without anyone/thing in front of me. I'm a little on the shorter side and I like this.

On the Dream class ships, you can watch the fireworks from deck 12 portside, also, but you do have the AquaDuck running through the field that can block a little of the show. That's why I think the starboard side forward (around the Currents bar area) is good.

My personal favorite spot on the Wonder (well, the Magic, also) is on deck 10 port side. You can either be on the inside rail to watch the show beforehand, or just come up toward the end of the show and stand toward the outer rail.

I actually tried that once on the Magic and it worked well for me as well. The fireworks are high enough that they are above the heads of the people on the starboard side, so viewing from port side works.

I later tried that on the Wonder, but many people had figured this out, and the area was quite crowded. Oh well, you win some and lose some. ;)