Favorite Denali accommodations

Tennant

We are trying to plan a DIY land portion for our 2015 Alaska trip. We originally thought we would stay at the princess lodge but it is booked for our dates. We are hoping for some recommendations of your favorite places to stay near Denali. Will be there for two nights near the end of May. I like modern clean accommodations. I'm not opposed to a B&B but it would not be my first preference unless it is fairly modern and does not require you to be overly involved with fellow travelers.

Thanks!

I really like Touch of Wilderness B&B and no, you don't have to group up with anyone. :)

My basic favorite is Denali Park Hotel, clean and a great bargain. Large rooms frig and microwave, quiet, but again- basic.

I too would recommend Denali Dome B & B. I have stayed with them on 2 separate occasions. It is not necessary to interact with other guests. Ann and Terry are very helpful-they also had a home stay in Fairbanks which I used 1 time. They also rent autos. Their breakfasts are not continental and they always have munchies available. The 2nd time I stayed, I flew to Fairbanks, spent 3 nights in the homestay, then took the train to Denali. They picked me up there. They indicated I could rent the car upon arrival in Fairbanks and just drive to them in Denali. The only negative I can mention is the Alaskan tradition of no shoes in the home. However, they have slippers if you forget to bring your own.