Public Transportation to Escambron Beach

gizmo911

Will be in port very short time and would like to go to beach close by. Really good review of this beach and has lots of shade. Only down side is no chairs. I am traveling alone and for a 5 minute taxi ride is will cost about $15. Also, was told that this is not a very regular or frequented stop for taxis. Before anyone makes the suggestion of walking, I am not in the best shape so out of question. :eek: Has anyone taken public transportation and if so, can you please advise/details. Thank you

Edited by gizmo911

I know you can find a bus to take you from the Old San Juan port area to the stop closest to the Caribe Hilton (the stop would be on Ponce de Leon Ave) you can just tell the bus driver where you are trying to go and they are very helpful. The other option is the beach by the Condado Plaza hotel. It is fairly nice and has shade also about the same distance. Google earth can show where they are in relation to the port etc.

Will be in port very short time and would like to go to beach close by. Really good review of this beach and has lots of shade. Only down side is no chairs. I am traveling alone and for a 5 minute taxi ride is will cost about $15. Also, was told that this is not a very regular or frequented stop for taxis. Before anyone makes the suggestion of walking, I am not in the best shape so out of question. :eek: Has anyone taken public transportation and if so, can you please advise/details. Thank you

The bus doesn't go very close to that beach. There is the little beach by the Condado Plaza Hilton that the bus stops right in front (on Ashford just after the bridge) or you could stay on the bus and get off at Condado St. and it is a short block to the beach. There is a Walgreen's on the corner where you can pick up drinks or snacks. There is a guy at he beach here that rents chairs. Not sure how much.

The beach at the Hilton has calm water and is great if you like really swimming in the water, the Condado beach has bigger waves and is better for those that like to 'play' in the ocean.

Bus is .75 cents each way, exact change only. Leaves from the Terminus in OSJ pretty regularly. Not far from the cruise-port.