bad weather beach trips

kevboy

Can anyone tell me if a sunbathing excursion to a beach gets cancelled in the event of heavy rain. I would not be getting wet by going in the sea but just relaxing on a lounger. Are we expected to sit in the rain or what? Going on Azura this weekend but weather looks awful.

Can anyone tell me if a sunbathing excursion to a beach gets cancelled in the event of heavy rain. I would not be getting wet by going in the sea but just relaxing on a lounger. Are we expected to sit in the rain or what? Going on Azura this weekend but weather looks awful.

I doubt it. Though your post has made me think - we've booked one too. Our experience in the Caribbean has been that showers are short-lived but with all the unusual weather patterns these days - who knows? Hope the forecasts prove to be wrong and that you have a great time and some typical Caribbean sunshine.

Not quite getting want you want.:confused:

If you do not wish to take a beach trip and sit on a lounger in the rain, then don't book it. Suggest a beach trip is taken when the weather is to your liking.

All ports have local services, with knowledge of the best beaches.

If you post ports of interest, the CC members would be able to give their personal recommendations for beach visits.

If your destination is visiting Antigua, may one start with a suggestion of Jacqui O's. If it does rain then take lunch, followed by cocktails on a sofa under the lanai and admire the view, plus enjoy convivial conversations with other guests.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Not quite getting want you want.:confused:

If you do not wish to take a beach trip and sit on a lounger in the rain, then don't book it. Suggest a beach trip is taken when the weather is to your liking.

All ports have local services, with knowledge of the best beaches.

If you post ports of interest, the CC members would be able to give their personal recommendations for beach visits.

If your destination is visiting Antigua, may one start with a suggestion of Jacqui O's. If it does rain then take lunch, followed by cocktails on a sofa under the lanai and admire the view, plus enjoy convivial conversations with other guests.

I think the question is probably aimed at P&O excursions.

I imagine they would go whatever the conditions are like (except in very unusual/dangerous conditions) since the weather can change very quickly. They'll probably be quite happy if no-one turns up for the trip, just so Long as they don't have to start refunding money.

Normally they say that if you don't like the weather in the caribean, give it a Minute.

Let's hope the weather picks up and that everything turns out alright on the day.

No they don't cancel. I'm afraid we had that experience in Dominica plus it was an awful beach as well.

I think the question is probably aimed at P&O excursions.

I imagine they would go whatever the conditions are like (except in very unusual/dangerous conditions) since the weather can change very quickly. They'll probably be quite happy if no-one turns up for the trip, just so Long as they don't have to start refunding money.

Normally they say that if you don't like the weather in the caribean, give it a Minute.

Let's hope the weather picks up and that everything turns out alright on the day.

Thank you. Fully understood. It reminds us of an expensive "Big Game" fishing trip. We caught zero. Asked for a partial refund. Declined, as we paid to fish not to catch:eek:

Many thanks everyone. P&O pressurise you to pre book excursions because they claim that they sell out quickly. It also must enable them to see well in advance what their sales are like. The question therefore comes down to whether or not to pre book ! I shall be very disappointed if, cooperating by pre booking I then discover that there is no refund in the event of inclement weather. Has anyone experienced The cruise line cancelling beach excursions due to bad weather?

Many thanks everyone. P&O pressurise you to pre book excursions because they claim that they sell out quickly. It also must enable them to see well in advance what their sales are like. The question therefore comes down to whether or not to pre book ! I shall be very disappointed if, cooperating by pre booking I then discover that there is no refund in the event of inclement weather. Has anyone experienced The cruise line cancelling beach excursions due to bad weather?

I thought your question had been answered. I don't think P&O do pressurise you into booking excursions. Obviously they prefer you to book with them and you are also quaranteed to get back on board if your return is delayed but its up to you what you do. No doubt there would be plenty of complaints if passengers couldn't book their excursions because they were sold out. Another example of P&O not being able to win whatever they do.

We had booked a beach excursion in Antigua once and it bucketed down I wasn't happy at going in the rain but if canceled we lost money and they said could stop raining any time ? so off we went on the catamaran me with a brolly up still raining at the beach everyone crowded under the canopy of the eating area then the rain stopped sun was shining gorgeous everybody had a lovely time on a lovely small beach so glad we went so don't worry too much about the possibility of rain it doesn't useally last that long .

We have had a number of Caribbean P&O excursions cancelled due to poor weather. We arrived in Barbados only last month where it rained continually from the moment we arrived until we flew home on the Saturday, all beach and waterside excursions were cancelled. I felt sorry for those who were visiting Barbados for the first time and those who had just arrived, until then we had had great weather for November on the other islands.

A couple of years ago we were in Antigua with family for my 50th and booked a P&O catamaran excursion this was cancelled due to poor weather a big disappointment on a special day but we had a great local tour of the island regardless of the weather.

Another time all excursions while in Tortola were cancelled but again the local taxi/buses made a killing with tours on the island with plenty of rum punch to be had nobody worried about the rain it was warmer than home and the sun came out some of the time!