Visa Points Confusion

Thom524

:oAfter redeeming over $500 worth of Visa points for OBC online I am confused on what I need to do to insure this amount is credited to our account. The online redemption site said something about contacting our TA or calling RCCL. Does anyone know the procedure? Thanks for the help.

:oAfter redeeming over $500 worth of Visa points for OBC online I am confused on what I need to do to insure this amount is credited to our account. The online redemption site said something about contacting our TA or calling RCCL. Does anyone know the procedure? Thanks for the help.

If your booking is with a travel agent, I would contact them to confirm your $500 is credited to your booking. Ask them to send you Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation.

Whenever we redeem Visa points online (RCCI) website, we receive an email confirmation showing the transaction. This is the only proof I've ever needed. Print the email and take it with you. I've also called several days later to make sure they are posted to my booking. You may be redeeming a different way that I'm not familiar with.

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

I just redeemed points, and got the email confirmation. The subject of the email says, "Branded Redemption Transaction Details". It doesn't say that I need to contact anyone.

So as the other two posters have said, contact your TA. You can also go back to the site, and see if your points are still available. If they are, you may not have completed the transaction. It makes you hit continue a couple of times, before you are actually done, and the email comes right away.

You don't need to contact your TA when redeeming Visa points for OBC. You can call RCI closer to your departure date to ensure that it is showing up on your booking.

The only time you would need to get your TA involved is if you were redeeming points for $$$ off a cruise or a free cruise.

The credit will be listed in your cruise documentation section. Just go to the RCL website, click on my cruises, then click on your cruise number.

You will than, near the top, see cruise documentation, click on it, then click on cruise document, print. The view section does not work. Scroll down to page 10 or there about. It will show the RCL onboard credit, but not the travel agents onboard credit.

STAN:cool:

The credit will be listed in your cruise documentation section. Just go to the RCL website, click on my cruises, then click on your cruise number.

You will than, near the top, see cruise documentation, click on it, then click on cruise document, print. The view section does not work. Scroll down to page 10 or there about. It will show the RCL onboard credit, but not the travel agents onboard credit.

STAN:cool:

The OP is cruising in January. If they redeemed Visa Points after their cruise docs have been issued, then the OBC from Visa Points will not show up in their cruise docs and they will have to call RCI to verify.

Edited by cruisenfever