Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

Very disappointed to hear this! I have been on oasis class 3 times and have 2 more booked. I find that I am just sick of the menu now. I was looking forward to Dynamic Dining because it was rejuvenated. Hopefully they make changes to the MDR menu. The quality is great but I want some new choices now.

While I'm sure they appreciate your loyalty, you are simply not the demographic that they are planning the dining around.

5 time Oasis class cruisers make up a tiny percentage of Oasis class cruisers. 1 in 1000? I don't know.

Changing up menus to appeal to that demographic just wouldn't make sense.

Nope, still don't understand what you're getting at. I think the highlighted words says it all :rolleyes:

So you think 5 time Oasis class cruisers are a consideration when planning menus?

I think you miss my point (and presumably that of travelgoddess1) which is that you simply cannot make a rash generalisation such as "you are simply not the demographic that they are planning the dining around"

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to what is the demographic they are planning the dining around......and how you know this to be the case :confused:

I think you miss my point (and presumably that of travelgoddess1) which is that you simply cannot make a rash generalisation such as "you are simply not the demographic that they are planning the dining around"

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to what is the demographic they are planning the dining around......and how you know this to be the case :confused:

I can assure you that no one at RCL is thinking "look at all these cruisers that have sailed Oasis class 5+ times, we better shake things up or we won't get them back".

The dining (and everything else) is geared towards cruisers new to the class, new to RCL, or new to cruising.

To say they need to switch things up because it's getting stale doesn't compute. It simply doesn't apply to the vast majority of cruisers who will be experiencing the product.

The dining (and everything else) is geared towards cruisers new to the class, new to RCL, or new to cruising.

To say they need to switch things up because it's getting stale doesn't compute. It simply doesn't apply to the vast majority of cruisers who will be experiencing the product.

Thanks for that explanation but I'm still not quite sure I understand your logic. You say that it's all geared to new cruisers but many many people who have posted on here would have us believe that they've decided to abandon DD in response to complaints about the new style of dining and to make their 'loyal' - and presumably regular cruisers - happy. It doesn't follow then that the decision is geared to new cruisers.

Are you saying that new cruisers don't know any better so will be happy with the boring MDR menus and the old traditional style of dining? In which case I'm not sure how many 'new' cruisers RC will continue to attract. Anyone who has cruised since MTD was introduced can see just how much bigger this style of dining has become and it continues to grow.

IMHO those new cruisers will soon become bored with the same old MDR menus if they become regular cruisers and a newer and younger demographic - who welcome different types of food and different styles of restaurant - would be more attracted to the DD concept.

I recently sailed on Allure with my 2 sons who have sailed on many RC ships and are Diamond members. They are in their early 20s and, some would say, the future customers who RC would want to attract. They have a loyalty to - and a knowledge of - RC as a cruiseline and the potential is there for a couple of young families to become regular cruisers in the future. However, dining is and always has been a key part of our family vacations (and indeed our home life). They were both eager to try DD (as it was originally mooted for our cruise when we first booked it). Both of them were disappointed with the range of choice and the quality of some of our MDR meals. Two potential customers who may think twice about sailing on RC with their families in the future if there are no innovations in dining.

Just one other way of looking at it :)

Yes, Back in Oct of 2014 when the Q first came in. I hated it! I don't want to have to make Rez for dinner. As long as they have Early & Late seating people will be happy. RCCL wanted to turn the tables 3 times rather that twice and have less staff to cut labor cost. It backfired on them. They had to add more staff. The old school past clients would have left to other cruise lines.

RCCL wants people to get in the frame of mind to pay extra for meals on make more money.

It's not just cutting staff, it's cutting seats and the required sqft for the venues

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I take my family on a cruise each year (18 people) 7 grandchildren. We especially like to show the kids what formal dining is like and have waiters we get to know. With 3 levels of dining rooms the Allure should have no problem assigning some to each type. This year we are being forced into my time time because traditional is full. We will not have tables adjacent or possibly the same dining times. If traditional is so favored, why get rid of it. We do My Time for lunch and breakfast every day.

I take my family on a cruise each year (18 people) 7 grandchildren. We especially like to show the kids what formal dining is like and have waiters we get to know. With 3 levels of dining rooms the Allure should have no problem assigning some to each type. This year we are being forced into my time time because traditional is full. We will not have tables adjacent or possibly the same dining times. If traditional is so favored, why get rid of it. We do My Time for lunch and breakfast every day.

You can arrange to have the same tables and waiters every night with My Time when you have a group. See the Maitre D right away when you get onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

You can arrange to have the same tables and waiters every night with My Time when you have a group. See the Maitre D right away when you get onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, link your reservations just like you do with Traditional Dining. That way when you arrive at the dining room they will see you are a group. Also, make sure you make your dining reservations for the same time each night as soon as they open in your My Cruises site. If you are linked you will all have the same dining time, but I went ahead and did it for each reservation anyway. You should be able to replicate your Traditional Dining that way. We love having the flexibility of MTD and will do it from now on. However, if you are with a large group TD is easier, but in the end this should not be much different.

• 1 month later...