Chartered Cruise? Millennium 2016

YESME

The term "nexus" is used in the U.S. to imply that there is a "connection" or "standing" for legal and tax purposes. I used the term to show that even though the ships are licensed ex USA, the Company is for all intent and purpose considered to be a U.S. company in regard to advertising and trade practices.

I was not aware that X was not on boarding protein from Europe but my suspicion is that it is related to the general U.S. ban on beef imports from any European country due to fear of Mad Cow disease. Note that Ireland was just cleared for import and is the first and only EU country to receive that status.

I may be wrong, but I believe the fact that X posts offers on their website with the obvious intent to sell them would make them liable for unfair trade practices when they accept another offer after making said sale.

Probably not. There are very few situations when a company making a full refund, when a service is not delivered is considered an unfair trade practice.

I assume you have not heard of hotel practice called walking a customer. When a hotel is over booked and a customer shows up with a reservation, and they are directed to another hotel.

Now airlines are covered by some laws that deal with over booking But even there you have times where an airline takes a plane out of service and flights are canceled (the usual claim is for maintenance reasons but it seems to happen to some flights far more often then others). Again the corrective action is refund or move to another flight. These days with non-refundable tickets often the only option given is another flight and refund is not even an option.

Agreements usually have comments limiting damages when a room, flight, or cruise is canceled to the cost of the ticket.

thanks jveevers,

we will be enjoying our cruise, but we will be booking independent trips, taking our own selfies! etc just wont be adding to X coffers, we also have the classic drinks package, oh we shall enjoy all on offer.

as next years trip was for our 25th wedding anniversary and hubbys birthday we cannot change these dates, so we are looking at anthem with RCI, personally my favorite!

enjoy your trip in September, also to sixtiesgirl, congratulations on your anniversary next year and i hope find something equally as good to do for it.

oh and we still don't have a refund!!

Uh keep in mind that both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are owned by the same company. So jumping from Celebrity to Royal Caribbean to punish them for the chartering practices does not do much.

Jumping to Oceania or Cunard (for example) might send the message a bit more clearly