Laptop question

Kissara22

My husband and I are on the 11/20/05 TP cruise. We really would like to bring our laptop to play movies while in flight to and from Papeete. We are staying at the Tahiti ICB 1 day pre cruise and 3 days post cruise. Does anyone know if they would hold on to the laptop while we're at sea? We really don't want to take it with us on board. Thanks to anyone who may be able to answer this :)

Sara

Since you're likely to be flying Air Tahiti Nui, you probably don't need to have the laptop just to watch movies. Each seat on ATN has it's own screen to watch movies, play video games, etc., and I watched 4 different movies on the way to Tahiti. Coming back, the movies are different.

However, I take my laptop on the cruise with me. At the end of each day I download my digital pictures, and those my wife took, into a separate folders labled as to name and date. That way I know where the photos were taken, and by whom. Folder names would be something like, "Denny082305" or "Paula082305".

That way I never sit at home and look at pictures, asking, "Where was that taken?" I also don't have to look at the metadata for each picture to find out.

Actually the reason we're taking the laptop for movies is because we're NOT flying in on Air Tahiti Nui, ..although I wish we were. I've heard such great things. I didn't think about the picture aspect. Now we'll probably take it on board so we can download our pics when we need to. Thanks :)

10X

I just recently purchased a laptop and plan to take it for the capability of downloading pictures.

I know the ship is wired for 110V/60Hz, so I am not concerned about a converter. We are staying on Moorea post cruise and it is 220V/50Hz. I am taking a plug adapter but am wondering about a converter. The power unit that came with the computer says it handles 100-240V and 50-60Hz.

Do you think I still need to pack the converter?

Thanks for your response.

I'd pack the converter. In the off chance that you might need it, at least you'd have it. If you find that you do need it, and don't have it, you're stuck. Converters don't take up that much room. And remember, since you're now traveling internationally, you can take 70lbs. per suitcase, rather than the 50lbs. that are allowed for domestic air travel.

However, you might want to check with your hotel. Nowdays, many hotels supply a converter in the room for their U.S. guests.

10x,

Thank you for your prompt response. That was my thinking as well. I was optimistic you might have a suggestion as, while I can take 70 lbs, I don't want to carry it. The darn converters are sure heavy for their size.

Archived