Car Hire Fort Lauderdale

ashhill

Staying for 3 day post cruise in Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale. looking to hire a car. any reputable companies near this hotel?

Thanks in advance

I believe there is both a Budget and Avis on 17th St not far from your hotel.

Next week we are staying at the Hyatt pre-cruise, and have reserved a car through Enterprise on 2601 S. Federal Highway. They will pick us up at the hotel, and drop us off at the port on the morning of our cruise. Enterprise has numerous rental sites in Ft. Lauderdale, rates to vary, with the airport pick up and drop being the most costly.

Darcy

My mistake. I just looked at DH's notes on Enterprise and his confirmation indicates they will return us to the hotel - and from there we'll take Hyatt's van to the pier.

Final decision will be based on time we drop off the car. Either way, cab rate is still reasonable.

darcy

Edited by WatchHill

It is always good to check the details.

We are staying at Hyatt Place near 17th St.

Are you at a different Hyatt?

I ask because the van from Hyatt Place will be $7 per person so really the same as a taxi . I have heard that the vans may need to wait to fill up so we may end up using a taxi anyway to be on our own schedule.

Yes, we're at the Hyatt @ 17th St. - our hotel chain of choice and using our "points" for the last night. We might as well check out early, luggage in the rental, and once we drop the car, grab a cab to PE.

We will be at the Hyatt for a few nights, then onto Naples,[another Hyatt], returning to Ft. Lauderdale for one more night. I do enjoy their breakfast offerings and grab a piece of fruit to take with me as a snack.

darcy

There is a local branch nearby called Gold Coast Car Rental. They are a smaller family owned company with great service and reasonable rates. We stayed at the Embassy and they offered free shuttle service to pick us up from the hotel to bring us to their location to rent the car, and they also took us straight to the cruise port when we returned our vehicle. If you're interested in saving cab fares and looking for something hassle-free we had a great experience with them.