Is Angela Kristensen a new cruise director

Kopy

We were on back to back cruise in jan 2015 and Angela was the cruise director the first week, she was great and so was her fiance Dave. We really enjoyed her morning shows. Unfortunately, she left and we were stuck with one of the old cruise directors for the second week (what a letdown).. We will be on the Ruby in March and hope she will still be on.You are in for a treat

John and Alison

Yes...From my research...we're all talking about the same Angela...British, fiance named Dave...

It appears that she was an Assistant CD for a few years and, of late, has been "promoted" sporadically...as in when they need someone to fill in as CD...

Perhaps Princess is letting a lot of their CDs have Christmas off--which is, in some ways, nice of them...but in others, a little odd--as Christmas is PRIME cruising season and they extract their highest cruise fares of the year for these Christmas sailings. One would think they might want to have everything done by the "first string"....

Original poster stated Jan 10 sailing.I am on the Ruby for a Jan 7-17 sailing so there is no sailing starting on the 10th.

I would like a new cruise director as I was on the Ruby in July and Oct and had Peter both times.He was very good but it would be nice having someone new.

Original poster stated Jan 10 sailing.I am on the Ruby for a Jan 7-17 sailing so there is no sailing starting on the 10th.

I would like a new cruise director as I was on the Ruby in July and Oct and had Peter both times.He was very good but it would be nice having someone new.

The original poster stated Jan 10th 2015:eek:. This thread was started last year!

Perhaps Princess is letting a lot of their CDs have Christmas off--which is, in some ways, nice of them...but in others, a little odd--as Christmas is PRIME cruising season and they extract their highest cruise fares of the year for these Christmas sailings. One would think they might want to have everything done by the "first string"....

To flip this logic around a bit: since Princess already knows they can charge the moon for Christmas and New Years cruises, they could prop up a giant stuffed Santa and call him the CD and still sell out every year.

But as you just reminded us of the thread date, Angela has been a short time sub for two years now, so she certainly knows the drill. And Princess shuffles even their most experienced CDs with little regard for contract dates so its all really random anyway--just like how Angela got her first gig: on Ruby in November 2014 JJ Ulrich took over as cruise director the week I was sailing, and was transferred to Asia a couple weeks later, giving Angela who was already doing much of the Morning Show and countless events an instant promotion.

She was quite entertaining, but I must say her fiancee . . . who she has since married is over the top in regard to entertaining.

His name is Dave Clarke (sp?) and is the funniest. He created a Conga Line going out of the Explorer's Lounge main entrance, past the elevators, and into the side entrance back into the Explorers Lounge which was only for Music Trivia.

Dave stole the show.

Who can beat him?

This was on our 28 Day Emerald in the Med last year.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Argo. said:

She just signed onto Celebrity Silhouette..

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I was searching for information and found it here.

Oh no, I suppose this could mean Dave Clarke might follow to Celebrity.

Both were great when we met them many years ago on the Diamond.

I was hoping to cruise with them again.

On 1/1/2015 at 3:16 PM, fishywood said:

I was on Ruby two weeks earlier. So if this the same Angela who was the deputy cruise director, rest assured she is much more energetic and personable than cruise director JJ was and will ever be.

Unfortunately Princess (and many other lines) are in the habit of hiring "personalities" direct from the entertainment industry to be CDs rather that promoting from within. So not having paid their dues in the hospitality industry they have no clue what the actual responsibilities of the job are beyond telling jokes on the Wake Show and introducing the evening shows. Thus the attitude of many of them: "Being a Cruise Director is great, except for all the pesky passengers"

Cannot agree with that, all the new CD;s I have seen recently have been promoted from being junior assistants cd crew.

Including Angela, Dave Clark ( who no longer works for Princess as far as I know) and last week Aaron on Emerald.