Sunshine Ocean Suite any reviews?

jacksmom09

With the exception of one cruise in a Grand Suite and one in an aftwrap balcony, we have always stayed in Ocean Suites. We were on the Sunshine last March and found what we consider to be a big problem with their Ocean Suites.

The bathroom in an OS room is much larger than a balcony room bath and has an additional dressing room attached. However, on the Sunshine the dressing room opens directly into the room and there is no door. This eliminates any privacy between the bath/dressing room and kind of negates the advantage of the larger bath area. On most other ships the dressing room opens into the hall from the entry door and the dressing room has a door on it.

That may not sound like a big deal but for us it was kind of awkward. Mainly because turning on any of the lights in the dressing area lights up the whole room because of the lack of a door. With the addition of a teen in the room I can see the lack of privacy and the lack of a door being an even bigger problem.

Thanks for the help! Also wondering if there is a certain location of these rooms that is better?

We usually select forward on port side. Forward is away from the noise and action and some people have a problem with the motion but it doesn't bother us. We get port side because it's a habit I guess. I think if I switched to starboard now I'd feel like everything was backwards.

Also, we've decided that if we ever go a ship with the "no dressing room door" problem described in my previous post we are going to take a curtain and one of those spring loaded curtain rods to make our own door.

Edited by travler27

We always have cruised in at least Ocean Suites and with that being said we were totally disappointed with the bath room on the Sunshine. Of all ships we have been on it was cramped compared to the "Conquest Class" baths. The toilet is at a very different angle and uncomfortable. I believe the suite is also smaller overall.

We usually select forward on port side. Forward is away from the noise and action and some people have a problem with the motion but it doesn't bother us. We get port side because it's a habit I guess. I think if I switched to starboard now I'd feel like everything was backwards.

Also, we've decided that if we ever go a ship with the "no dressing room door" problem described in my previous post we are going to take a curtain and one of those spring loaded curtain rods to make our own door.

Thanks for the location info! I also like the idea of the curtain rod!