Christmas cruise on the Regal Princess

Travrat

Please please enjoy your cruise!!! The ship is beautiful!!!

My advice get to all the shows at least a half hour in advance.

If your dining time is not what you wanted, as soon as you board the ship see the maitre de.

We had a fabulous time on board the ship. It was just the little things that really bothered us but we had a fantastic vacation!

The ship was totally full during our sailing week also. There were 3800 passengers and 800 of those were children. I doubt the ship will have that many passengers when you sail and so it won't be bursting at the seams when you sail on her during your week.

I had read all these comments before I sailed, and we went on the ship in spite of it all. WE had a great vacation!!! But of course, I still felt the same things should be changed by Princess that all the other cruisers had felt.

You are going to have a great vacation. Be sure to try Alfredos a bunch of times during the week. They have this dish that is a stuffed shell with veal and it is to die for. Be sure and try everything at the international cafe. The chicken salad there is too die for. The fresh baked cookies there are sooo yummy. I did use the internet on the ship and it was fast!! I was surprised.

Just remember no stairs mid ship. And if you take the aft elevators down to 6 you are in a restaurant and you can't go anywhere else.

We loved walking on the walking track up above. I walked on there 4 miles every day. It is windy tho. Soft serve ice cream is finally free for Princess. They even put sprinkles on it. MUTS were not movies I would want to watch but they have them every night. Free popcorn and blankets and softer covers for the pool chairs for the movies. Make sure you go up to the pool deck and check out the water show one night at 930pm. Fun to see.

No pool deck parties on this ship. There isn't a large enough area on any of the pool decks for a party. The chocolate buffet is during lunch one day. It wasn't advertised in the Patter, so we found it by accident. All the goodies at the buffet are in the middle section of foods. Kind of hard to find until you find it the first day. This is one of the best buffets I have seen on a cruise ship. It is huge. They have lots of Asian and Indian dishes if you like those kind of things. My husband loved the hot dogs. They are super plump and grilled not boiled.

Dont let my review spoil your cruise. You will have a great time!! Just be there early for the shows.

So why did you not toss your mucus tissues in the toilet and flush them? you seem to nit-pick everything and you put your germ infested tissues in a basket.:eek:

Please do NOT flush tissues down the toilet. I learned the hard way on the Royal. It will "stuff up" the toilet and make it stop working. Then you have to call maintenance and listen as they tell you not to flush tissues down toilet.

I am sure we will enjoy our cruise. I hope you are feeling better.

The Regal to Europe this was by far my favorite out of the 13 princess cruises I've taken previously. I am looking forward to boarding a week from Sunday also!

Please do NOT flush tissues down the toilet. I learned the hard way on the Royal. It will "stuff up" the toilet and make it stop working. Then you have to call maintenance and listen as they tell you not to flush tissues down toilet.

So what are you supposed to do with your toilet paper after you are finished?????????

So what are you supposed to do with your toilet paper after you are finished?????????

Do you not know the difference between toilet paper and Kleenex? Most people have grasped that by the time they complete potty training. I should think just a walk down the paper goods aisle of your local Harris Teeter would clarify things for you.

Just for clarity, TP is made to be flushed, facial tissue (as in Kleenex) is not.

Edited by ar1950

Do you not know the difference between toilet paper and Kleenex? Most people have grasped that by the time they complete potty training. I should think just a walk down the paper goods aisle of your local Harris Teeter would clarify things for you.

Oh my god you are so smart !!!!!!! You can put a wad of toilet paper but not a kleenex tissue, please give us more intelligent remarks.

Edited by modes

We flush both down the toilet and never had a problem on any ship and that includes baby wipes which is thicker than a kleenex tissue.

Oh my god you are so smart !!!!!!! You can put a wad of toilet paper but not a kleenex tissue, please give us more intelligent remarks.

OK, here you go: http://www.itsdone.com/what-you-can-and-cannot-flush-down-the-toilet/

"What to not Flush:

This list could be long, but here’s general rule: if it is not the three things listed above, DO NOT FLUSH IT! Just for clarity’s sake, however, I will list a few of the common items that people flush, but should not.

Kleenex, or tissue paper should not be flushed. This type of tissue paper is designed to stay together when wet, so it often takes too long to break down in the sewer system, and can cause sewage blockages."

Edited by ar1950

Boy, am I glad to read your reviews. Now I know I wasn't nitpicking.

We were also on this Christmas cruise and felt the food was real bad.......I love my fish....except on this ship. I had never sent my food back before. But I did with the fish. We gave up going to the main dining room. A chocolate buffet would have made up for the bad meals, had I known about it. The buffet was so much better on the Royal Princess. I thought it was hit or miss on this ship. As bad as it was, it was still better than the free meals on the Allure. Except for the fish. Best meals we had were the Pub Lunch and Alfredo's.

We were also in a mini, but never got our champagne. Didn't met our room steward until the second day. No lotions either. Did you notice that that one bar of soap never lathered up? Our shower head wouldn't stay up. It sprayed straight down, almost hitting the wall. I learned how to reset our TVs. There's a button on the back......lower mid right side. Great movies being shown on the TV.

I don't know why there was a foot stool on the balcony as there was no room to use it. It stayed under the chair. Nice big table for morning coffee though. No advance notice that someone was going to be on the balcony to hose it down.

I also heard there were 800 children on board. Where were they? We never saw more than a few at a time. Those we saw were well behaved.

That being said......the ship was beautiful.....shows were good, there was as much or as little to do as you wanted. We had no problems finding seats either in the sun or in the shade, except for the last sea day. This cruise served it's purpose. As beautiful as it was decorated.....the Christmas stocking filled with chocolate and candy canes, The Night Before Christmas being read to the children, the gingerbread houses, I think I'll stay home next Christmas.

So why did you not toss your mucus tissues in the toilet and flush them? you seem to nit-pick everything and you put your germ infested tissues in a basket.:eek:

The point is not about flushing toilet paper VS tissues- it is that the cabin stewards should wear disposable gloves when cleaning cabins so as not to pass other peoples' germs from one cabin to the next!

Thanx Travrat , bluehorizonlover123 and anyone else who posted useful info. You are both discriminating

consumers and that's a good thing . I would say it sounds like Princess did OK on a holiday cruise with

a very full ship .

Wondering how the tendering went for Princess Cay .

Did anyone buy the coffee card ?

Edited by richstowe

Tendering is quick and efficient. They always have a lifeboat waiting and as soon as they fill they are off again. It was a fantastic day at the island. The buffet lunch was really good too.

Didnt buy the coffee card but the international cafe has a starbucks like coffee shop making all kinds of lattees and expressos. I think you get free gelatos too with the coffee card.

I like weak coffee so the card was not for me.

Edited by bluehorizonlover123

Thanks for your review! We are considering Regal for our spring cruise.

We have cruised with Royal, Celebrity, Carnival and Princess - loved them all. We also know there are some things we like and some we don't on most cruises, so I appreciate all your comments. Our recent cruises have been Carnival, so think we will cruise Princess again for a change.

Thanks again!

Pam in KY

Thanks for the reviews. Holiday cruises are always an unorganized fire drill at best with 800 rugrats no less. Reminds me to stay off holiday cruises. We went on a Carnival cruise the first week of December a few years ago thinking the number of kids would be small. Were we wrong with that! Not as bad as the op's experience but we had 270 or so aboard! Don't these kids have to go to school? We have been on the Royal and enjoyed it so we are looking forward to our Regal cruise early next year.