Cheapo dad’s trip report on Allure of the Seas sailing December 14, 2014

I found this thread because I was looking for Information for cabin 14715. I booked this cabin several months ago but after research I started to become a little discouraged because I thought I may be too far away from the aqua theater to see it properly or I couldn't understand why my room said it had 25% obstruction. I was also concerned about the bed configuration as I prefer the sofa closer to the balcony. Your thread answered all of my questions and more. I'm was super excited you showed pictures of your cabin 14711 and 14713 and their bed configurations and also their balcony views from those rooms. I was also able to see my balcony (14715) from your photos which gave me a pretty idea of the view. I was able to guess my bed configuration :( . I had my finger on the trigger to move to 14723 since it is available but I think that will be too close to that structure that goes across the top of the ship. I now think I have the perfect location because is not too far/close and atleast i will be able to see some of the water. I wish I knew what the percentages mean as far as obstructions. Does 25% mean you you wont be able to see 25% of the aqua theater? Ships wake? Sky?

I think we both have a compulsive super anal research/planning disorder where we try to plan every minute little detail down to the last millimeter. I don't know how I will deal with the unknown changes to my itinerary due to the recent hurricanes.

Hi,

Glad the info was helpful even after all this time. Yes, you and I must be the anal sort to dig deep back in the archives to look for trip reports that are more than 2 years old as that was what I did prior to my Allure cruise. As far as being anal, I mentioned that some people on CC are the pretty high on the anal scale back in my Freedom report.

I don’t know what 25% obstructed is. When we sailed back in 2014, they didn’t have that designation. But as you can see with my other photos, the closer you get to the back, the more prominent that cross bridge will be in blocking your view of the water in the back.

We were lucky in grabbing the cabin upgrade last minute after final payment as when we made the final payment, we were booked at the Central Park interior view cabin only. Thus it was a big jump in categories for us and didn’t cost that much to upgrade.

Deck 14 is most likely least favorite of all the boardwalk balcony cabins so they had more availability for cheapo people to grab last minute. Best money I spent on that cruise.

Have a great cruise on the Allure.

Harry

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, nice pictures!

We will be on Allure january 2018 and I want to know, Do you prefer silk or grande MDR? If i'm right with the name.

Sorry for my english, I'm a french canadian :)

Hi,

Thanks for the compliment. I don’t think my English is that great either as I am Chinese American.

On your question on dining room preference, my cruise on the Allure was back in the old days before they had the different setup of Silk or Grande. It was just one large MDR back then. You will have to start a new thread to ask others on which is better. Sorry can not be of more help.

Have a great cruise on the Allure in January. We will be in Florida on month before you on the Independence.

Harry

Harry nice to see you posting, best wishes on your next trip, our entire family will be sailing on the Harmony on the 21st.

Take care, Jiim

Hi, James,

I see your eastern Caribbean cruise has been impacted from the recent hurricanes in being directed to the western route instead. Our December cruise is set for eastern as well but now we are waiting for Royal to inform us know how many (if any) of the ports will be swapped out for our sailing.

Have a great cruise on the Harmony with the entire family. My kids have been clamoring for Harmony/Symphony cruise after this year as they want to return to the Oasis class ships (we like them big). Chances are I will be doing my usual trip report spiel for the Indy post cruise in January so please drop by to that thread to let me know your thoughts on the Harmony.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Harry,

Just finished reading this trip report. Why you ask.... because we were on Allure one month before you in 2014 and will be back on her in less than two weeks. While I am looking forward to the new show and features of the update it was nice reading about the ship in its previous set up. We were in CP balcony back then and will be in boardwalk balcony this time on 11th floor right below your cabins. Super excited!!

What a great report and so awesome that you helped so many in their cruise planning. I am off to read your Freedom report as we love that ship also. I am grateful to you as you are helping me relive such great memories especially with my kids growing up. I am sure the memories of your cruises with your kids when they were younger are also priceless.

Looking forward to reading more Harry adventures!

Best regards,

Barbara

Harry,

Just finished reading this trip report. Why you ask.... because we were on Allure one month before you in 2014 and will be back on her in less than two weeks. While I am looking forward to the new show and features of the update it was nice reading about the ship in its previous set up. We were in CP balcony back then and will be in boardwalk balcony this time on 11th floor right below your cabins. Super excited!!

What a great report and so awesome that you helped so many in their cruise planning. I am off to read your Freedom report as we love that ship also. I am grateful to you as you are helping me relive such great memories especially with my kids growing up. I am sure the memories of your cruises with your kids when they were younger are also priceless.

Looking forward to reading more Harry adventures!

Best regards,

Barbara

Hi, Barbara,

Thanks for the kind words. Your post brings me back to my fond memories of our family's favorite cruise vacation. It's always nice to remember good things from the past. So it's a double good thing that we both had fond memories of the past vacations.

Wonder how much of my old info is still valid after these years?

I know they no longer have the secret balconies and the Broadway show has been swapped out and the food has been updated. I would appreciate it if you can drop a line after your cruise to give a before/after cruise thoughts.

Have a great cruise on the Allure.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Harry,

Something to bring back fond memories. A photo of Allure in Cozumel today, with dock lines and that big backside.

There were some changes since the last time we were on it.

We were going to drive and do some Utah parks this summer, but looks like we will just flyover again. 103c6cde3e2acc457ed5fed4ed73c96d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums