Just "how big" is the Oasis anyway-for parents of teens

Planning a cruise with my DH and DD (17) next Jan. We won't be travelling with a big group and I know it's not a time of year when there will be many teens on board. I'm concerned about the actual size of this ship and knowing where my daughter is/being able to find her easily. I guess it goes both ways. Any parents of teens have any comments about this?

No matter how small or big a ship is it's never easy to find anyone in your group. We just try to let each other know where we're going to be or meet up at certain places.

The Oasis is an amazing ship, I hope you love her as much as we do.

Edited by sailset

.... I'm concerned about the actual size of this ship and knowing where my daughter is/being able to find her easily.

Chances of "finding" someone "easily" on the Oasis are slim to impossible. The ship is huge.

You need to establish meeting times and places.

Chances of "finding" someone "easily" on the Oasis are slim to impossible. The ship is huge.

You need to establish meeting times and places.

That is very true statement.

We find post it notes are great for leaving messages about where you're going. They can be placed on the mirror in the cabin, so they don't get lost in the shuffle on the counter.

Or, the walls are metal, so you can use magnets to hold messages on the walls.

And, yep, as suggested, regular check points at arranged times may help.

She is a large ship. But not too big. Lots to see and do, so sometimes it can be tough to make prearranged meetings if you get busy. Maybe establish a spot on deck (for sea days) before everyone goes their own way. That way as they roll from one thing to another, they can just stop by, check in and go on with the fun of being on that great ship. Sigh..........

:D

Planning a cruise with my DH and DD (17) next Jan. We won't be travelling with a big group and I know it's not a time of year when there will be many teens on board. I'm concerned about the actual size of this ship and knowing where my daughter is/being able to find her easily. I guess it goes both ways. Any parents of teens have any comments about this?

Went last year at this time on the Allure with our son (23) and his GF(21). We set up regular check in times and used post it notes on the cabin doors. 4pm up in the viking lounge was a standard time. grab a drink...relax...chat...compare plans...move on. Gave us a chance to see how many different drinks you have completed from the drink book.:eek:

Overall, the ship is ENORMOUS. (there are in excess of 9,000 people on it!) The trick is to get them to comply with your wishes (safety!) and to enjoy each others company. There are almost endless activities that can keep both THEM and YOU busy - not necessarily the same activities. It is their vacation too and on a cruise we took many years past,(son #1 was 18 and son #2 was 15), they became very involved with the kids club. It is like a private staff sitter that is wrapped in staff supervision. Never felt overly concerned fopr their safety - RCL does this for a living and they want you to return happy!:)