Tracing Shipmates

Hi all, hugh shot in the dark here, we were on the Transatlantic from La Romana[DR]to Palma in 2010, sailing on the Destiny, met a couple from London, Wendy & Jim, roughly in their mid sixties, Wendy was around the 5' mark, Jim taller, and a bit deaf, Jim liked his Guinness, they were proper old school Londoners, we met them on the rickety bus back from Cane Garden Bay, Tortola, got on immediately, Wendy liked my Scottish humour, spent a lot of time together on the remainder of the cruise, we exchanged address details, but not telephone numbers, daft I know, anyway, when we got home could not find the piece of paper I'd written their address on, needless to say we received a Christmas card that year, and every other year since, feel terrible, so I'm hoping that someone out there might know of this couple, were doing the TA in April, said to my Wife, maybe Wendy & Jim will be sailing too, definitely a shot in the dark, but you never know, any help appreciated, Dougie.

Hi all, hugh shot in the dark here, we were on the Transatlantic from La Romana[DR]to Palma in 2010, sailing on the Destiny, met a couple from London, Wendy & Jim, roughly in their mid sixties, Wendy was around the 5' mark, Jim taller, and a bit deaf, Jim liked his Guinness, they were proper old school Londoners, we met them on the rickety bus back from Cane Garden Bay, Tortola, got on immediately, Wendy liked my Scottish humour, spent a lot of time together on the remainder of the cruise, we exchanged address details, but not telephone numbers, daft I know, anyway, when we got home could not find the piece of paper I'd written their address on, needless to say we received a Christmas card that year, and every other year since, feel terrible, so I'm hoping that someone out there might know of this couple, were doing the TA in April, said to my Wife, maybe Wendy & Jim will be sailing too, definitely a shot in the dark, but you never know, any help appreciated, Dougie.

If you are on FB, might be worth joining the Thomson Cruise page & putting a post on there - there are over 5000 members on that forum or if you are not on FB & you would like me to, I can post it there for you!

I tried that before to track down my Waiter's from previous cruises. You can ask, and some one will tell you what ship they are on.

Its great to have "Repeat" of the "Excellent" service some waiters will provide.

(Bless them, poor little boys away from home for so long.)

Is this your intent ?

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn needs love and lots of attention

I tried that before to track down my Waiter's from previous cruises. You can ask, and some one will tell you what ship they are on.

Its great to have "Repeat" of the "Excellent" service some waiters will provide.

(Bless them, poor little boys away from home for so long.)

Is this your intent ?

:confused:

I think Dougie simply wants to renew contact with some fellow passengers he and Mrs D had befriended having lost the address he'd been given.

Edited by kruzseeka

I was not quite sure what Mrs Knickers was meaning :confused:

Its not Mrs, I will have you know.

Oh, i get it now. You do really want to track down some fellow passengers ?

I thought you were using code to find a waiter or a cabin steward for a bit of fun.

Hope you are able to exchange "christmas cards" this year. (nudge nudge, wink wink)

a fellow cougar, I am sure.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn doenst know what to believe anymore.

Mr Google is also a good source for finding things out too.

well...I just asked mr google and got this

http://www.arts-of-fashion.org/AoFCompetition/2008/images/web/pages/Arts%20Of%20Fashion%20Wendy%20&%20Jim%20Award%201%20-%20Lucian%20Broscatean%20-%20SFMOMA%20Oct%2029-%202008.htm

this isnt them is it doog??:):)