Timing of Loyalty Level Change

hecc5

We all know there have been loads of changes to the benefits afforded by Le Club, and I have no intention of rehashing old discussions,

but I do have a question which I cannot see covered by the T & C s.

Prior to the amendments, it was expressly stated that the new level benefits would apply for the cruise in which the new level was qualified for.

I can see nothing that refers to timing now...

I appreciate that we are only 10 days into the new regime, but would seek a definitive answer....

Does anyone know ?

If not, I'll go get the 'offiical' answer.

I for one will be hacked off if they snuck this change in as well as it will affect my upcoming 28 day cruising !!!

H

Azamara [Le Club Voyage], Celebrity [Captain's Club], and Royal Caribbean [Crown & Anchor Society] have never awarded Cruise Points [or predecessor Cruise Credits] until cruise completion... And membership tier changes that are earned during a cruise have never been acknowledged from a benefits perspective until the next subsequent cruise...

If you are doing consecutive cruises and earn a new level of membership during one segment, that new membership tier will be acknowledged at the start of the next segment but it is wise--given the natural lag in posting Cruise Points to your account landside--that you advise the onboard Loyalty Ambassador of your impending change in status prior to conclusion of the leg in which your status changes so that he/she can be sure that you are recognized at your new membership level during the next leg... I was aboard Azamara with friends who had just such an experience while doing a back-to-back sailing last year; their new membership status became effective for the second of their two cruises...

I wish I could provide you with an insight more to your liking but honestly do not believe that your recollection of predecessor "Terms & Conditions"--if I'm understanding your question properly--is correct [and I can't imagine that there was ever variation such as this one based upon country of origin (I am an American; the friends to whom I referred above are too)]...

H, I'm a bit slow today I think. What benefit(s) were you specifically looking at?

Phil

Which benefits they are does not affect the timing... but it's not a secret ..lol

I am on the cusp of adventurer/explorer, so only really thinking of internet and laundry...

Now before someone says 'ahha you'll get free nights', I actually will not qualify as I already had a Celebrity cruise booked which has just tipped me over 50% not on AZ.

Had I not taken that cruise I would have qualfied ...the 2nd half of the B2B.

Looks like I lose all round. hey ho.

Helen

Edited by hecc5

Azamara [Le Club Voyage], Celebrity [Captain's Club], and Royal Caribbean [Crown & Anchor Society] have never awarded Cruise Points [or predecessor Cruise Credits] until cruise completion... And membership tier changes that are earned during a cruise have never been acknowledged from a benefits perspective until the next subsequent cruise...

If you are doing consecutive cruises and earn a new level of membership during one segment, that new membership tier will be acknowledged at the start of the next segment but it is wise--given the natural lag in posting Cruise Points to your account landside--that you advise the onboard Loyalty Ambassador of your impending change in status prior to conclusion of the leg in which your status changes so that he/she can be sure that you are recognized at your new membership level during the next leg... I was aboard Azamara with friends who had just such an experience while doing a back-to-back sailing last year; their new membership status became effective for the second of their two cruises...

I wish I could provide you with an insight more to your liking but honestly

do not believe that your recollection of predecessor "Terms &

Conditions"--if I'm understanding your question properly--is correct [and I can't imagine that there was ever variation such as this one based upon country of origin (I am an American; the friends to whom I referred above are too)]...

Thanks for your comments. I do understand that the 'norm' is cruise after the one in which you 'qualify'.

My point is that when i booked it WAS expressly in the T$ Cs that it applied for the cruise in which you qualify.

Now there is no mention...

Another ' perk' minimised by stealth ???

I agree there is no question for the 2nd half , albeit I may need a friendly word..

H

You don't earn cruise credits until you've completed the cruise so any movement in levels would be achieved after the cruise is over and any new benefits would apply to the next cruise you take. It's always been like that.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I appreciate that this is standard. I would not even have raised it had I not seen different....

it's not the end of the world hardly matters in terms of benefit. !!

What is more important is that I know I am not going mad .... now then can I find that piece of paper?

Thanks for your help tho.

See you on board !

Helen

You don't earn cruise credits until you've completed the cruise so any movement in levels would be achieved after the cruise is over and any new benefits would apply to the next cruise you take. It's always been like that.

I suspect that we've both experienced more than a few membership tier shifts along the way and--like the original poster--it's always nice to have those past personal experiences/recollections validated...

Edited by Xport