LIVE From the ALLURE, 11 Jan 2015, With Trainman-2, Judith, and LYRIC

I am posting from the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale where is is sunny and 83 degrees!

We board the Allure of the Seas tomorrow morning. Tonight our friends Kathie (Aboat1) and Jack will meet us here in the hotel and join us for the cruise.

Tomorrow my Daughter, Ally, and Grand Daughter, Lyric, will meet us on the ship. Lyric is 6 and it will be her first cruise!

We have a two room suite with a semi private balcony and two queen size beds. The hotel is expensive but really nice. Here are a few photos.

Our Balcony and the view

DSCN1832_zpsd5179a69.jpg

DSCN1833_zpsdd229814.jpg

The Atrium

009_zpsf59beee8.jpg

The Pool and Fish Pond

DSCN1834_zps23e1b74f.jpg

DSCN1834_zps23e1b74f.jpg

We stopped on the way down at a Waffle House for Breakfast. They whip up their eggs in a milk shake machine which makes their omelettes really light and fluffy.

I'm following. What a great time for a virtual cruise! I usually stay at Embassy Suites, too. There's a great little inexpensive Italian restaurant right down from the Publix behind the hotel.

Have a great cruise!

Those of you who have met me and asked me if I have kids have always received the same answer:

"Not To My Knowledge" (I was a bit wild in my youth)

So where, all of a sudden, did Ally and Lyric come from?

Lyric-95_zps8c0b8b4c.jpg

Many, many years ago, when I was teaching Science in a Junior High School, I had Ally as a Student.

When Face Book started up we re-connected and since have become very close. I am now part Best Friend, Confidant, and Adviser to Ally and to Lyric both Judith and I are now Grandpa and Grandma.

Ally is Home Schooling Lyric who, at age 6, is now doing 3rd grade level work.

Judith and I are very proud of them both and are slowly getting used to being called Grandpa and Grandma.

I will be tagging along for your cruise as usual (I usually don't post though), but can't wait to see it through Lyric's view. It's like taking a kid to Disney for the first time, so exciting! I also follow you daily and will miss the animals this week. I love your daily updates about your farm. It is really looking nice. Bon Voyage and enjoy!

When you first talked about taking this cruise, I wrote it on my calendar so I wouldn't miss it.

So glad to see you back here with another Trainman and Judith review!

And your family has grown, what a nice story!

Happy Cruising to all!