Getaway - June 05, 2016 - Why so much lower?

bktok

Greetings all....

I am currently booked on the Getaway for July 3-10, 2016.

I was browsing pricing today and noticed that if I change to a month earlier (Jun 5-12) I save over $1000.

My question is why is this one week so much cheaper? The weeks prior to and after Jun 05 are higher priced. I'm just thinking "ok, what am I missing about THIS one week?"

I'm fairly new to cruising as we have only been on Disney and that was in March.

Any insight given is greatly appreciated.

I don't know if it's the school factor. Here in the northeast (Boston) schools are still in session until mid June. Is there a public holiday on the island or in the country where the Getaway is headed? One year I ended up on a HAL cruise that was much cheaper than previous or following weeks and I suspect the reason was that the whole island of Tortola was trashed and shut down after a public holiday.

It could just be random. Last summer I scored a great price on an aft Dawn suite to Bermuda the last week of July. Don't know why that particular week was a few hundred dollars cheaper.

July 3 is a holiday week. Supply and demand is reason for higher prices

I'm well aware that July 3 is a holiday week. That's one of the reasons I chose it in the first place, so I could have a "free" day off from work. :)

I also get the supply and demand reasoning.

However, to me, it just seemed really out of place why the week of Jun 05, 2016 was cheaper than the weeks before and after. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing "special" going on that I needed to be aware/concerned about before I changed my reservation.

Sure, the "free" day off from work would be helpful, but saving the $$$ might just be more helpful. ;)

I believe the week prior would include the Memorial Day holiday, hence a higher price.

The June 5th is a slow week, school in session and no holidays. A nice cheap week to cruise!

Thanks for the reply.

That's the reasoning I came up with as well. But I tend to over think things and am constantly looking for the best deal/offer, especially when we're talking about spending this kind of $$$.

:)

Thanks for the reply.

That's the reasoning I came up with as well. But I tend to over think things and am constantly looking for the best deal/offer, especially when we're talking about spending this kind of $$$.

:)

By now you've figured out the cheapest way to cruise. I'd not want to cruise in July with the crowds you'll encounter, and the higher temperatures. You'll get a fireworks display in June either by attending the party or better yet, watch from a balcony on port side from midship to aft. Someone mentioned in another thread that they sat outside Cagnys and had a birdseye view.

It's funny to see this - I'm on hold with Costco now reserving this cruise. Best I can figure is it's not quite "summer" yet, meaning a lot of schools are still in. Our kiddo is done the end of May so cheapest is best for us!

The OP stated in her post that she was booked on July 3rd, and wanted to know why early June was cheaper. Your reply didn't make sense.

It's all good. No worries.

Plus, for the record, I'm a "he", not a "she". :D