Chankanaab -Purchase Entrance Fee Online and Taxi Question

nates04

Based on what I have read here, we are planning on going to Chankanaab in about a month as a large family when we are in Cozumel. I have a couple questions.

1) We don't want to do anything beyond general admission and regular activities (no dolphin swim). Can we buy our tickets online in advance? I see the website that allows me to book the dolphin swim, but do not see an option to book just regular admission to the park. Are we ok to purchase at the gate? Any risk in doing this?

2) If some in our group have 5 or 6 people, can they travel in one taxi? Are there taxi vans that seat larger groups?

Thanks for the help!

There is no need to purchase ahead of time online if you are just going in with general admission. You just pay at the booth when you get there. There is a coupon online for $2 off everyone in your party, so don't forget to use that to save a little bit.

Taxi's in Cozumel come in all different "sizes" and you just tell them how many in your party and they will find a taxi (either car or van) and put you in it. No worries. Most of the time they can fit a lot of people in a van if you are all together. :)

2) If some in our group have 5 or 6 people, can they travel in one taxi? Are there taxi vans that seat larger groups?

Thanks for the help!

There will be a sign with cab rates to various tourist spots posted next to the taxi line for your pier; expect to pay about $10-11 for 4 in a cab - with 5-6 in a van cab the fare will be about $3 per person.

If you're interested in doing the manatee encounter, and you don't book it ahead, any idea what the charge is on top of the admission fee to the park? I know if you reserve on-line, the park admission is included. We're thinking about just going to the park and deciding once we get there. Tks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums