My onboard credit doesn't show up anywhere

ottmar

I redeemed points in November for a 02/23/19 cruise. When I called the other day they said it should show up 7 days before cruise. It would be nice to use the credit for purchasing items ahead of time.

20 minutes ago, SRF said:

Strange.

When I redeemed credit card points, I asked for them to be done ASAP so I could use them to book somethings.  They showed up inside a week.

Apparently RCCL has changed their policy and will not post redeemed points until they decide.  Here is what is on their site: 

How long does it take for MyCruise® rewards to be applied after redeemed?

MyCruise® Rewards redemptions are applied based on the sail date, not the redemption date. Refer to the suggestions below to help you plan your redemption accordingly. Any MyCruise® Reward redemption without a booking number, ship and sail date selected will expire 6 months after the points are redeemed. Rewards are nontransferable to another reservation after they are applied.

Onboard Credits and onboard merchandise will be applied to your reservation approximately 2 weeks prior to sail date. The onboard credit will be posted to your onboard account within 48 hours of your verified ship sailing.

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

One thing that can also be tried is to log into your cruise planner and see if it shows any OBC to be used toward pre -cruise purchases. If it does then you are all set. The OBC is on the reservation.

Did that......

30 minutes ago, di234 said:

I redeemed points in November for a 02/23/19 cruise. When I called the other day they said it should show up 7 days before cruise. It would be nice to use the credit for purchasing items ahead of time.

Yep, that is what I was told on the third call....they kept changing the time frame....now it is down to 7 days before the cruise.  Would have liked to take advantage of some of the sales that happened a few weeks ago....oh well.....

2 hours ago, jmzburns said:

Yep, that is what I was told on the third call....they kept changing the time frame....now it is down to 7 days before the cruise.  Would have liked to take advantage of some of the sales that happened a few weeks ago....oh well.....

Also waiting. Never took this long before. At least we have 3 weeks til we sail.

3 hours ago, Farmergirl50 said:

We have used points for OBC at least 6 times. For us it has NEVER shown up on the cruise planner but has ALWAYS been there when we got on the ship. 

I too have used points for OBC numerous times and it has always shown up on the cruise planner well before the cruise....I am not so worried as I was before as this seems like a common occurance.....and I have my receipt which shows the points redeemed and the dollar amount.

On 2/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, jmzburns said:

That is where I go to check, but still nothing........and when I call the redemption desk, they have no information either.....

I just redeemed for $250.00 OBC from my RCCL visa.  I was told when I called that it would not show up until Sail date.   Bring your email confirmation of the redemption on the ship with your other paperwork just to be sure.  

6 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

I just redeemed for $250.00 OBC from my RCCL visa.  I was told when I called that it would not show up until Sail date.   Bring your email confirmation of the redemption on the ship with your other paperwork just to be sure.  

Mine just appeared today!  Can't say that I like this new system, but at least I don't have to worry about where it is anymore!  Thanks for you input!

I had a similar RCCL cc OBC issue.  It finally came ~13 days before sailing, but was only 1/2 of the amount it should have been.  I contacted Royal and they figured it out after a bit.  It is now the correct amount and shows up on a invoice and the cruise planner.  This was my first attempt to use the cc OBC.  Could be my last...

4 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

I had a similar RCCL cc OBC issue.  It finally came ~13 days before sailing, but was only 1/2 of the amount it should have been.  I contacted Royal and they figured it out after a bit.  It is now the correct amount and shows up on a invoice and the cruise planner.  This was my first attempt to use the cc OBC.  Could be my last...

Too much stress - worrying about where the OBC is - perhaps we should make RCCL aware......although I bet that many already have!

I always have an OBC from my TA plus an OBC from my RCL Visa and they never show up till I'm on board and I check on the TV or at the pursers desk.  They have been correct each and every time.  I wouldn't worry about it.

4 minutes ago, FrannyK said:

I always have an OBC from my TA plus an OBC from my RCL Visa and they never show up till I'm on board and I check on the TV or at the pursers desk.  They have been correct each and every time.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Mine did show up!  Thanks for the input!

We had the same experience that Ocean Boy wrote above.  On the last two cruises our OBC showed up when we started looking at excursions on the RCCL cruise planner.  A drop down appeared letting us know that we had an OBC.  It starting appearing a month or so prior to the cruise.