Making pay restaurant reservations on Gem

Olstick

My wife and I are sailing on the Gem March 18. We are platinum members. We understand we are receiving a complimentary meal at Le bristio. We would like to try other pay restaurants. My concern is we would like to see the MDR offerings for the evening meal before we book a pay restaurant. On the Breakaway (our last cruise) we could not get reservations for the pay restarants towards the end of the cruise. We would appreciate any suggestions concerning the pay reservations. Also, any pay restaurant reservation experiences you may have had would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you

With Teppanyaki possibly being the sole exception, I've found last minute reservations in the Gem's specialty restaurants to be very easy to get. You might not get the exact time you wanted, but you should be able to get the restaurant you want.

By the way, if you're both platinum members, you're each going to have a voucher good for dinner for two plus a bottle of wine at Le Bistro or a permissible alternate restaurant.

My wife and I are sailing on the Gem March 18. We are platinum members. We understand we are receiving a complimentary meal at Le bristio. We would like to try other pay restaurants. My concern is we would like to see the MDR offerings for the evening meal before we book a pay restaurant. On the Breakaway (our last cruise) we could not get reservations for the pay restarants towards the end of the cruise. We would appreciate any suggestions concerning the pay reservations. Also, any pay restaurant reservation experiences you may have had would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you

HI!! Are you on our roll call?

We too will check out the menus first before we decide which night to get our platinum bonus dinner. We haven't had an issue getting a dinner reservation onboard Gem before except maybe Tappenyaki since they have a limited # of seats and seatings (2 large tables and 2 seatings per night).

I would say in order of preference we like Cagney's, Tappenyaki, Moderno. Hmm, although I think I like all 3 the same. . .

Edited by mizlorinj